From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
|Forums: Index → Fan Fiction → Silent Scream|
- "I never asked if you wanted or are able to listen or not."
- — Anna Blue
The Silent Scream is an Exotic Scout Rifle introduced in the Paradox expansion for Destiny 2. The weapon was built by the Guardian Anna Blue, after she worked under the tutelage of Eris Morn, and is comprised of the Symmetry prototype, Void-empowered Hive runes, and a highly-coveted power source known as the Heart of Glass.
It was another rainy day in the cold streets of the City marketplace, though the weather didn't deter the usual bustle and traffic. A trenchcoat-clad woman approached the female Hunter trying to enjoy a drink in solitary.
"One strawberry daiquiri, please." the lady said gesturing to the barkeep. She then shot casual glances at the Exo who slid away from her and closer to her rifle propped on the side of the table. "Lass, the magazine is empty, and on top of that, you already have the safety on. By the time you reload, I would've already left you full of holes." the lady taunted as she recognized the immediately discernible act of hostility.
The Hunter remained quiet, although she did put her hand away from the rifle. "What's your name, Hunter?" *the lady asked with a false smile. The air was silent until the Hunter replied: "...Anna Ciel." The woman removed her helmet upon hearing her name. "First time I heard of it. Come here often?" she asked as she set her helmet down beside Anna.
More silence marked her negative response. "I see. Judging from your drink, I assume you have some sorrows to bury." she chimed with a grin. "...I don't expect you to understand. You Vanguards don't understand the meaning of isolation." Anna replied with a cold twist to her words. "I don't understand it, eh? Well, sure, not the exact details of your problem, but I have a good enough guess to what they may be. Besides..." she said as she turned to show her illegally modified bond. "...I'm no longer with the Vanguard."
"I don't care if you're with the City, the Drifter or any other organization. And frankly, I'm not sure why you decided to be friendly with me." Anna replied with a scoff at the lady. "Well, this is a civil establishment. I don't like inciting violence in said establishments unless I have to." the lady replied in kind. "Ah, but where are my manners... Pleasure to meet you, Anna - name's Zinaida."
"So, are you done cheering me up?" Anna said, now making direct eye contact with her. Zinaida smiles in response. "Perhaps... I just wanted to talk, really."
- Repression: Receiving damage charges energy within the weapon, which when fully charged can be used to greatly increase damage and fire rate on reload, or automatically reload the magazine and greatly increase damage resistance when the user is critically injured.
- Suffering's End: Repeated precision hits have a chance to instantly kill a target.
- Alloy Magazine: Faster reloads when the magazine is empty.
- Composite Stock: This weapon has a versatile dual-purpose stock.
- Slightly increases stability
- Slightly increases handling speed
- Full Bore: Barrel optimized for distance.
- Greatly increases range
- Decreases stability
- Slightly decreases handling speed
Upgrades this weapon to a Masterwork. It will generate Orbs on multikills and gain a tracker that displays the number of combatants defeated with it. The Masterworked weapon will also receive additional capabilities and an exclusive perk.
- Underlying Resurgence: Accuracy, handling, reload speed and recoil control increases as health decreases. (Unlock by attaining 444 precision kills. Powerful enemies grant the most efficient progress.)
- This weapon is a reference to Anna Blue's song of the same name.