From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
|Forums: Index → Fan Fiction → Shadowkeeper|
Elite Darkness force
Upper echelon of the Darkness' power
Heralds of the Darkness
Assisted Kirito and Asuna in destroying The Last City
- "Crota. Oryx. Ghaul. Eramis. Savathûn. Rank amateurs compared to Kirito and Asuna. Their forces have already claimed the lives of billions. And if we possess the means to stop them, and again do nothing, then their blood is on our hands."
- — Ikora Rey.
The Shadowkeepers are a multispecies and multifarious force consisting of all six species – Eliksni, Hive, Vex, Cabal, Human, and Awoken – thus far encountered by the Guardians, Lightbearers, and Lightbound Fallen and Cabal allies of The Last City and the Solar System.
Led by the dyad leadership of Kirito, the Black Swordsman and Asuna, the White Angel, they are a legion of potent enemies who serve The Black Fleet and its dark forces, infamous for being notorious time criminals and masterminds responsible for various atrocious acts against the defenders and protectors of humanity. Empowered by the powers of the Darkness, they have led countless sieges against the forces of the Light, seeking to fulfill the dark prophecy by recreating the entire universe in the Darkness's image.
They are the main antagonists of the Paradox expansion.
- "My loyal and ambitious subjects, you are here today to finally end your troubles, finally end your griefs over your losses, finally to end your droughts against The Last City's forces...and to finally bring your people's salvation. The wait is finally over, for I, Kirito, Chosen by the Winnower, Champion of the Black Fleet, Bringer to Light's End, will bring you the Salvation and justice that you crave so dearly..."
- — The Black Swordsman
Rise of the Black Swordsman
Fall of Auradon
(Edit by Dante the Ghost coming soon)
- "The Collapse may have been a traumatizing point for our people, but it didn't stop there. Within the shores of our planet lied a civilization that the ancestors used to call Auradon, a place where goodness prevailed and triumphed over villainy. Unfortunately for its civilians, that era came to an end the moment she arrived. We didn't know why she had done such a thing, but we knew what the Darkness had done to her... that she wasn't the first one to have sided with our enemy."
- — Hannah Ciel
Some time after Kirito and Asuna rose to power, they, along with their newly-created army, launched a high-stakes surprise attack against Auradon, which alerted the Overtakers and their commanders Benjamin Florian, Evie, and The Man. Within the ruins of the court, the Shadowkeeper forces and the Overtakers clashed as fleets traded attacks against each other for most of the assault. However, just when the Overtakers were about to launch the finishing blow, their commanders were brutally slaughtered by a rogue Guardian who was later revealed to be Mallory, who went on to deliver a fatal blow to Ben and Evie, earning her the support of the Shadowkeepers.
Assault on the Empire
- "That arrogant ignoramus could never understand the truly grand design of beauty and power, not like I can. Now that I have power at my literal fingertips and an army to call my own, I can now pursue the one true ambition every creature, lowly and mighty, in this godforsaken system pursues. Power. And with it, all will fall to their knees before me, or by my might they'll be damned."
- — Tyranaks, the Overlord
Sometime prior to the Second Collapse, Kirito and some of his family would meet with the criminal leadership of Castris's Criminal Empire in the hopes of bolstering their forces and acquiring new, illicit hardware. Castris, with profits in mind, would instead declare neutrality on both sides. However, following the failed negotiations, the actions of defectors Tyranaks, Lilthis and Kamrak would catch the attention of Tatsuyi Kirigaya, the eldest son of Kazuto, who would contact them with the promise of power and individual sovereign over the criminal underground; the trio would accept this deal in a heartbeat. From the powers of the Fusion bestowed to them, the triune would help to pioneer the field of Fusion-wielding weaponry and tech, as well as fashion new tactics from the profane power such as the Marrow combat stimulant, Fusion Warping and particle manipulation. From their new powers and the backing of the Shadowkeepers, the criminal alliance known as the Shadow Collective was formed.
Their first order of business was subverting the crippled Seraphite Cartel into the Shadow Collective, where the trio executed the remaining leadership, Zevaksis included. With the destruction of a long-hated Criminal franchise, many of the remnants would join the ranks of the Shadow Collective, the dens would be turned into firebases and forward-operating bases, and their Ethrite refining machinery would be repurposed by Kamrak to accelerate production of Marrow. Following this, Tyranaks would put his plan against his former crime syndicate into motion. With the help of his close friends and superior, he would conspire against Castris and her crime empire in an effort to rope them into the Shadowkeepers to weaken the enterprise, assassinate its leadership and claim it for himself. During this, he would begin assassinating some of the syndicate's associates to sever the ties between them and the Vanguard, including Hunter Ashe-5, her Ghost, and other imperial emissaries. This would, as according to plan, catch the attention of both the Syndicate and spies from the last city. With the help of Kotrik, they were able to kill Rudolph McAlister; however, syndicate investigators Solviks and Myra Winters narrowly escaped their would-be assassins. While the partners continued their search for answers, spymaster Robert E. O. Speedwagon, assisted by his fellow partners Tattoo and Kempo Master, would conduct his own investigation, where he witnessed the murder of Vibe and confronted his murderer, Tatsuyi, who would leave him paralyzed and rightfully angry at Vibe and Ashe's unjust fates, where he would finally swear vengeance against Castris and her empire, as according to plan.
However, Tyranaks would soon realize that Solviks and Myra survived the attempt on their lives. He would scramble as many of his assets to tie up any loose ends and prevent them from investigating the conspiracy any further. Meanwhile, he would dispatch his lieutenants, Kamrak and Lilthis, to hunt down and capture the Syndicate's arms dealer, Wren Kinsing, and his Ghost. During this, the Gunslinger and Guardian associate would eventually get some answers from one of the Shadow Collective's lackeys and would finally uncover Tyranaks's ploy from a bounty hunter indentured into the Shadow Collective's ranks. Before they could return to Castris with their newfound information, Speedwagon would recover his consciousness and would pick up on the investigation, where he would intercept a distress call from Wren himself. After saving the Syndicate's arms dealer from the disguised Shadow operatives, he would interrogate the Warlock before realizing the syndicate still maintained its neutralist agenda and the sword used to murder Ashe was recently purchased off him. But before he could get more answers, the two would be ambushed by the Fusion-empowered lieutenants and would be swiftly overpowered, leading to Wren's kidnapping and Speedwagon's wounding, where he would first personally meet Tyranaks himself, who threatened his life if he kept searching this far down. After, once again recovering from his wounds and with the help of the syndicate's investigators, he would soon realize this was a conspiracy and would report his findings to the Vanguard while the duo prepared to warn Castris of the war to come. Now realizing his plan was falling apart at the seams, Tyranaks then desperately enacted a new plot to amplify the powers of Fusion within him. A plan that would eventually drive him to the verge of madness from fascination and a road that would lead him to his death.
Call to the Shadows
A Dark Arrival
- "Impressive... most impressive. Lesser heroes would have fallen already. You are clearly so much more..."
- — Eobard Thawne challenging The Guardian
The Second Collapse
Retaking of Sol
- Yui Narusaka, Daughter of Shadows – Daughter of Kirito and Asuna
- Konno Yuuki – Daughter of Kirito and Asuna
- Tatsuyi Kirigaya, Vibebreaker of Shadows – Scion of the Shadowkeepers and Son of Kirito and Asuna
- Yuji Kirigaya – Son of Kirito and Asuna
- "Entities recruited by The Black Fleet from across uncounted time periods and dimensions in service to the Darkness and its notorious legions, the Shadowkeeper champions command powers and abilities beyond many Guardians' understandings, seeking to eradicate all traces of the Light itself and reshape the entire Solar System in the Darkness's image."
- Totomaru, Scorchbreaker of Kirito
- Eobard Thawne, Speedbreacher of Kirito
- Malcolm Merlyn, Crystalline of Kirito
- Damien Darhk, Warkeeper of Kirito
- Tobias Whale, Ragefuser of Kirito
- Reign, Willbreaker of Kirito
- Leopold Fitz, Bloodhacker of Kirito
- Anton Ivanov, Supremacy of Kirito
- Hiram Lodge, Hornkeeper of Kirito
- Morgana le Fay, Bladestriker of Kirito
- Zevon, Pride of Kirito
- Fikrul, Shardwalker of Kirito
- Uldren Sov, Duskkiller of Kirito
- Djin, Mightkeeper of Kirito
- Sasuke Uchiha, Vengeance of Kirito
- Phoenixaro Uchihamaki, Bladelord of Kirito
- Ruby Hale, Deathbreaker of Kirito
- "The Black Swordsman and The White Angel’s lieutenants -- Kotrik, Zharves, Hydrax, Gha'arn, Thu'urg, and Vayeriks. The highest-ranking and most trusted subjects of the Shadowkeepers. Skilled wielders of Dark powers and stolen technology, they are as lethal as they are loyal; potent foes who will stop at nothing to advance Kirito and Asuna's cause."
- Kotrik, Bloodcrafter of Kirito
- Zharves, Shadowcaster of Kirito
- Hydrax, Mindkiller of Kirito
- Gha'arn, Crownforger of Kirito
- Thu'urg, Blightmaker of Kirito
- Vayeriks, Fatesmith of Kirito
- Naxeviks, Wrath of the Shadows
- Vahkyr, Last of the Shadows
- Tyranaks, the Overlord
- Xavyskaa, Heiress of the Shadow Collective
- Lilthis, the Daemon
- Kamrak, the Titan
- Aethrox, Shadow's Hunger
List of appearances
- Destiny 2