From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
|Forums: Index → Fan Fiction → Fusion|
|“||Become evil incarnate.||”|
Fusion is an elemental manifestation of both the Light and the Darkness, spliced from all of the elemental manifestations of the Light - Arc, Solar, and Void - with Stasis. It has relations to Mal's powers, and is more precisely the twisted power of movement on a macroscopic and atomic level. Originally discovered by the first Guardians, Fusion energy is believed to have been created from both Light and Dark energy, along with the essence of the Crystal of Memory, giving its ability a fiery lime green hue. It is first introduced in the Paradox expansion as the first of element-fused subclasses of the Eclipse.
The First Guardians
- "It seems that we're not the only Guardians chosen by the Traveler. Even before it arrived, there were others like us... those chosen to wield these dark powers."
- — Eris Morn
Long before the Traveler came, there were numerous Guardians who were blessed with dark forms of magic that would later become a part of this new power, and among those Guardians were Hendrick Yor, Kaguya Narusaka, Aoi Narusaka, and Yukito Narusaka, Warlocks who were capable of mastering these forms and using them for purposes that benefited Humanity. Recruited by a lone Hunter named Lila Bray and a Titan named Darius Watanabe, they would harness this power and combine the Light with Darkness in order to create a strong sense of prosperity, peace, and unity between Humanity and numerous non-human forces. On December 31st, 1999, Kaguya gave birth to a girl named Mal, whom she and Hendrick knew would someday carry on their legacy and use this power to help bring an end to the coming war. Moments after her birth, while Lila and Darius and these Fusion-empowered Guardians were praised and commemorated by most of the Lightless civilians, some of the people, however, grew worried that their discovery would jeopardize the balance between Light and Dark or, even worse, enthrall everyone into abandoning their long-held traditions, creating a chaotic society fueled by anarchy and dark ambition in the process.
The Swordsman's Arrival
- "For years, the world had been bound by aspects of a failed past, full of lies that the Traveler brought upon this universe. But, we knew the truth. In Light, there was only weakness. Only failure. Only subjugation. Only death. But where the Light took, the Dark gives. No longer will we be pawns of the Light's lies. No longer will we stand by and let those monsters and so-called heroes abuse our people. No longer will we watch the lives of those we care for be lost. In Darkness, there is only strength. Only power. Only victory. Only freedom. Only life. And we shall rise forever!"
- — Kirito, bestowing the powers of Fusion upon his forces of Darkness.
Some time after Kirito and Asuna rose to power with the emergence of the Pyramids and the arrivals of the Shadowkeepers and their dark armies respectively known as the Shadow Army and Ghosts of Nagasaki during the Shadowkeeper Apocalypse, The Guardian would venture into Mars and establish an alliance with Koriks and his Fallen House of Flame before traveling to the Shard of the Traveler's resting place and acquiring the power of Fusion in order to avenge Zavala's death and save Mal, the daughter of Hendrick Yor and Kaguya Narusaka and a Villain Kid who also wields this power. But, unbeknownst to them and the Vanguard, Kirito and Asuna, along with the Shadowkeepers, the Shadow Army elites, and their eldest son Tatsuyi and his accomplices, including Kamrak, Lilthis, Tyranaks, and the other members of the Shadow Collective, would also wield the powers of Fusion within the heart of the Dreaming City on the Reef, gaining the attention of Mara Sov, Petra Venj, and the Techeuns, who were hellbent on avenging the deaths of their people, and Rudol von Stroheim, who sought to prevent these powers from falling into the wrong hands. As the Guardian found new allies, including Nagihiko, Ventharok, and AJ, they would later stop the Shadowkeepers from corrupting the entire universe with Darkness and save Mal, restoring the multiverse, forming the Solar Coalition, and ushering in a new Golden Age in the process.
A New Dawn
Return to the Underworld
- "Hehe...This pain is proof of life. If you feel pain, you can feel joy... That's what humanity means..."
- — Crow
Some time after the end of the Apocalypse, numerous Lightbearers and people of The Last City would usher in a new Golden Age and reunite with old friends. At the same time, Ikora Rey, Kazuto, Stacia, Crow, and The Guardian would also work on restoring the Traveler to its new glory and fusing its Light with Fusion in order that it can continue protecting the Last City from future threats.
Age of Heroes
- "Those who wielded the Light found potential and honor, while those wielding the Darkness found power. But, you are among those who have found a bit of everything, Guardian. This power we call Fusion is part of something greater... something that can help us protect the Traveler and save humanity."
- — Ikora Rey
- "Those Machina were already bad enough. And now not only do they got their hands on both Light and Darkness, they've already gotten the hang of it too. We've lost too many good people to those Vex ripoffs. It's time we start pushing back."
- — Vothriks, the Lost
During the incursion of the Machina during the Battle of Verses, the Prime Unit, Kereznis, was dispatched to study the Paracausal powers of Light and Darkness. A team of Guardians was sent to Europa to halt Kereznis' research, and would discover that the Prime Unit was experimenting with Fusion and empowering their soldiers with it. Kereznis themself would be neutralized, although not before they had sent what they had uncovered of their studies of Light and Darkness, as well as Fusion, and soon enough the Machina would be deploying powerful soldiers all across the system armed with Fusion, forcing Guardians to continuously suppress their efforts.
EMBRACE THE POWER OF THE WICKED.
Wicked, dark, and alluring – the power of Fusion beckons you. Command this new elemental power with brand new Guardian sub-classes. Control the fight, seize your enemies in any bewitching grip, and shatter them where they stand without mercy.
- Hunter: Cursebreaker
- Huntress/Huntsman: Warpcaller
- Meister: Timeholder
- Shinobi: Soulhealer
- Titan: Stormwaker
- Warlock: Shadowdancer
- "Free yourself. Embrace the dark power."
- — Subclass Description
Lore: A Knight of the Hive begins his search, stalking for any wandering Light to consume to satisfy his Worm's Hunger. He sees two Guardians and raises his blade, charging at his foes. The Guardians see the Knight and fight it off, but its power is beyond what they believe. One Guardian falls to the ground. The Knight sees his incapacitated prey and swings his blade at them, but the other screams and hears something beckoning it... something like a whisper. Time stops...next thing: the Knight has been chained by fires of unknown and the almost-lost Guardian looks to his friend, who was empowered by unknown energies. He then pulls an arrow and pierces the Knight's helmet. It was over... the Darkness of the Night has been destroyed by another Dark...unknown to anyone in this world...
All Hunters master the frontier, but none claim territory quite like a Cursebreaker. Fatality Chain binding may seem more merciful than gun or blade… until the feeding frenzy begins.
- Fatality Chain: Tether a large group of foes to a Solar Anchor and summon Nightmare Arrows to slow and suppress them for your Fireteam.
- Cursed Gear: Gain an evade to avoid damage.
- "Close your distance and ease the throttle."
- — Subclass Description
- Petal Stream: Summon a flaming Scythe and inflict formidable waves of pain upon your enemies with its signature ability of Darkness.
- "Let go of your situations. Come to the wickedness and form the wrath of its lessons."
- — Subclass Description
Lore: The shadows embraced me, dimming the sounds of battle into reverberant echoes, thin and distant. I flexed its words and felt the roar of glowing embers grinding against the bones of the wicked world.
Incendiary siege engines of war, Stormwaker Titans hammer and shatter their enemy's ranks from afar, raining electric waves of cleansing fire down upon fortified defensive positions.
- Blackout Hammer: Summon Battle Cat, conjure an electric hammer, and wreak destruction down upon your enemies.
- Untouchable Fury: Blackout Hammer lasts longer and you gain an overshield while standing near a Sunspot.
- "Embrace the wicked side. Be its answers for questions."
- — Subclass Description
Lore: The blade sealed my hands in rime, and the song resonated through my flesh. I was its instrument, and it was mine; when we sang be still to the world, it would obey.
Shadowdancers directly manipulate both Void and Arc energies, focusing body and mind to channel and chain the lightning. Their enemies are given fair warning— flee from battle, or face the storm.
- Blade of Devastation: Conjure a Taken sword from your hands and leave behind a wake of catastrophic destruction.
- Usurper's Wrath: Getting a grenade kill recharges your melee and Super. Getting a melee kill recharges your grenade and Super. Getting a Super kill recharges your grenade and melee.
- Detonative Grenade (Hunter) - Grenade explosion creates a horizontal wall of burning Void Light.
- Twister Grenade (Titan) - Grenade explosion sends uncountable lines of fire toward your target.
- Venom Grenade (Warlock) - This grenade calls down a localized lightning storm attuned with a modified variant of the Darkness's powers.
- Bloodlust (Hunter): Slow and disorient those within its cloud at unspeakable speed.
- Fist of the North Star (Titan): Ignite and disembody your enemies with a heavy solar strike.
- Infinite Tsukuyomi (Warlock): Deliver an electrocuting melee strike at any range and paralyze your enemies.
Allies of the Last City:
- The Guardian
- AJ, the Relentless (temporary)
- Hunter Cursebreakers
- Huntress and Huntsman Warpcallers
- Meister Timeholders
- Shinobi Soulhealers
- Titan Stormwakers
- Warlock Shadowdancers
Champions of the Darkness:
- House of Shadows
- Shadow Swarm
- Shadow Divisive
- Shadow Legion
- The Reborn
- Cult of Shadows
- Kirito, the Black Swordsman
- Asuna, Kirito's Betrothed
- Tatsuyi Kirigaya, Vibebreaker of Shadows
- Totomaru, Skyfire of Kirito
- Eobard Thawne, Speedbreacher of Kirito
- Malcolm Merlyn, Crystalline of Kirito
- Damien Darhk, Magebreaker of Kirito
- Tobias Whale, Gauntlet of Kirito
- Reign, Heart of Kirito
- Leopold Fitz, Technohacker of Kirito
- Anton Ivanov, Supremacy of Kirito
- Hiram Lodge, Champion of Kirito
- Morgana le Fay, Orderwalker of Kirito
- Zevon, Pride of Kirito
- Fikrul, Armament of Kirito
- Uldren Sov, Graveburner of Kirito
- Djin, Shieldbreaker of Kirito
- Sasuke Uchiha, Vengeance of Kirito
- Phoenixaro Uchihamaki, Threatmaster of Kirito
- Ruby Hale, Deathkeeper of Kirito
Enemies of Humanity:
- Helmets: Light Beyond Nemesis
- Gauntlets: Necrotic Grip
- Trace Rifles: Pathogenics (Exotic)
The Void Within
- Rocket Launchers: Haunted Future (Legendary)
- Fusion is the first subclass element to be a combination of both the Light and the Dark.
- It was first introduced in the form of Mal's Birthright Jewel, which gave her back her powers in Descendants: Wicked World.
- Although Fusion is still available to all Guardians, its successor Shade can be acquired either by completing the Paradox Campaign or by acquiring Stasis without being corrupted.
- The abilities for the Fusion subclasses are references to certain shows, including Fist of the North Star, Naruto, Seraph of the End, and He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.
List of Appearances
- Destiny 2
- Paradox (First appearance)
- Fractured Worlds
- The Void Within