From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
|Forums: Index → Fan Fiction → Fanfic Kells|
- "Strike like a Kell, will give you bounty worthy of a Kell!"
- — Variks, The Loyal, speaking about the A Kell's Hand Bounty
Kells acts as the political leader of their Fallen House, rulling their people and command their forces with an iron fist and usually commandeer their House's flagship Ketch. Kells are also known for controling their Houses' Ether supply, through the use of an Elder Cipher. But if a Kell dies, then the House will fall into a civil war, between their Barons and/or nobility; Only the most powerful contender or when all opposition is gone can someone assume control. Such as the House of Wolves, when their Kell, Virixas, was killed by Mara Sov. Which cause 3 of their nobility to fight against each other to become the new Kell of Wolves.
However it is possible that a House can still function without a Kell, as an Archon, Prime Servitor, or another Kell from a different House can assume command of the House.  But, their loss severely weakens a house and demoralizes its forces. For this reason, Kells are a prime target for enemy forces.
- Known Kells—in-game Kells
- House of Time
- Eponymous Archon
- House of Emperors
- House of Waves
- Umbern, Kell of Oceans
- Blacklight Syndicate
Joke Boss Kells
- Bungie (2014-9-9), Destiny, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Draksis, Winter Kell
- Bungie (2014/5/19), Destiny: House of Wolves Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Reef Wars
- Bungie (2014/9/9), Destiny: Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Riksis, Devil Archon
- Bungie (2015-9-15), Destiny, The Taken King: PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Prime's Path
- Bungie (2015/5/19), Destiny: House of Wolves Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: A Kell Rising