Vault of Glass
|Vault of Glass|
Recommended Light Level:
|Destinypedia has a walkthrough guide to this level, Vault of Glass. See Vault of Glass/Walkthrough.|
|“||Beneath Venus, evil stirs.||”|
- "The Vault of Glass. A wound in time, a landmark to the Guardians. Only a legend such as you would be up to the challenge."
- — Ikora Rey
Described as the "Vex underworld" by the Ishtar Collective, the Vault is a virtual realm used by the Vex as a testing ground to manipulate reality through the use of ontological warfare, as opposed to their realistic simulations. Because in this space, reality and time are altered by the Templar, Oracles and Gorgons to better suit the Vex's long-term goal of Convergence, with Atheon, Time's Conflux in charge as its nexus processing these calculations into the Conflux network. Located at the heart of the Vex collective mind, the Vault also exists simultaneously across multiple alternate timelines and universes, acting as an anchor for the Vex's operations. While these reality-bending powers do not extend outside the vault, the Speaker and Ikora speculated that the Sol Progeny are meant to unleashing them upon the Sol System and potentially the universe. Its enigmatic nature at the time of discovery has lured countless Guardians to their demise, including the ill-fated Kabr, the Legionless and his fireteam. The Vault is also described as Timeless which is without time. 
- "The Vault of Glass is unique in all of the solar system. My scans indicate that other realities brush up against our own within the confines of the vault. So maybe you could even say it's unique in all the universes? The Vex are confusing."
- — Ghost
When the Guardians Kabr, the Legionless, Pahanin, and Praedyth ventured into the Vault of Glass on Venus, a major confluence of the Vex Collective network, they were thwarted by the Templar and its Oracles. Pahanin managed to escape, but leaving Kabr to perish as the Vex took his Ghost and became assimilated by their technology, but not before his Light was reforged into the Aegis, a powerful shield that can alter fate itself. Meanwhile, Praedyth was caught by the Gorgons' gaze and erased from the records of history, but his spirit remained trapped across alternate timelines within the Vault; one which he bore witness to the end of the Vex collective.
Following the destruction of the Black Heart, the Vanguard mounted a full six-manned Raid upon the Vex realm to stop their time-spanning operations. Unlike Kabr's team, the Guardians successfully breached the vault, defeated the Templar with the Aegis, and destroyed Time's Conflux at the Glass Throne.
During the Wolf Rebellion, Skolas attempted to seize the power of the vault for himself in Wolves' Gambit. Utilizing Winter and Wolf Splicers, Skolas succeeded in tapping into the Vex network and attempted to use it to pull the entire House of Wolves through time, but ultimately failed.
Another attempt to seize the vault, this time by Oryx and the Taken, proved a much greater threat. Oryx utilized a corrupted Vex Mind, Morphon, to infect the Vex collective network at its core. The Vex believed that this would have truly meant the end for the Vex, for Oryx would have had access to and infected the entire Vex network, until they realized that they could trick the Guardians into entering the Vault and stopping the Taken for them.
The Vault is said to be "the most challenging experience that [Bungie] has ever created," and that players who complete it would "earn Destiny's ultimate rewards." It is a raid that will take "hours upon hours to complete."
The Vault of Glass includes a number of challenging puzzles, unique enemies, and boss fights, as well as various traps to instantly kill the entire party if performed incorrectly. Time travel to the past and future also plays an important part in the Vault.
- In the final boss room you will face several different programmings of Vex. As you exit the door leading into the room, they are as follows: left: Sol Primeval, center: Aphix Invasive, right: Sol Imminent (Descendants). Respectively, these Vex signify past, present and future. This is similar to the last fight in the Black Garden, where you must fight three bosses who symbolize past, present and future (the Sol Progeny).
- At multiple points throughout the Vault, it is possible to observe specks of light darting in and out of view. Upon closer examination it is shown these are actually projections of Ghosts.
List of appearances
- Destiny Game Wiki: Quest - The Taken War: Venus
- Bungie (2014/7/7), Destiny, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Story Mission: The Archive
- Bungie (2014-9-9), Destiny, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: The Black Garden
- Bungie (2014/7/7), Destiny: House of Wolves, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Vault of Glass
- Youtube: Veteran Intro of Destiny 2
- Bungie (2015/5/19), Destiny: House of Wolves, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Story Mission: Wolves' Gambit
- Bungie (2015/9/15), Destiny: The Taken King, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Story Mission: Paradox
- Youtube: Destiny - E3 Gameplay Experience Trailer - E3 2014
- Youtube: Destiny - Angry Joe Interview E3 2014
- NeoGAF: New Destiny Gameplay