From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
|Forums: Index → Fan Fiction → Viruses|
- "The Darkness is a void of limitless power, hence why it is called "the Deep." But even so, I never expected it to grow this strong. If this force is not stopped, then it will have corrupted entire worlds, or worse, all of deep space."
- — Unknown Guardian
Elite Darkness Force
Upper echelon of Darkness' power
The Viruses are an elite remnant faction of Taken that lingered in the atmosphere of Saturn, infecting the helium-3 mining stations and refineries floating in the cloud. They have since spread their corrupt influence across other nearby worlds in the outer edge of the Solar System and are expanding into the perimeters of deep space.
- Halkris, the Corrupted King: The leader of the Viruses. As the new God-King of the Hive, he learned Oryx's secrets to calling from the Deep and achieving the power to Take and enhance.
- Draliks, the Exsanguinator: The leader of the Viruses' stealth operations. As a former claimant to Kellship in the House of Dusk, he retains his experience in stealth attacks.
- Ir Aluk, the Executioner: The warden of the Viruses' prison. Given the strength he had tithed to his own worm, he eventually grew strong enough to tithe power from others' life essences.
- Quria, Blade Transform: The leader of the Viruses' experimental missions. Due to the power it honed from the Vex Collective Mind, its core has become highly unstable and dangerous.
- Dorusk, the Fracturer: The general of the Viruses. As a former officer of the Stone Breakers, he is in charge of weapons production and is a master of siege tactics.
- Corrupted Shank: Has the appearance and health of the Heavy Shank. Armed with an Arc Shank Turret, a Solar Wire Rifle, and Void Heavy Turrets.
- Corrupted Dreg: Armed with a Shock Pistol that burst-fires a series of tracking Arc bolts which blind any targets they hit. Equipped with a Null Dagger that inflicts a poison and slowness effect when it strikes; can also be thrown as a projectiles. Throws Scorch Grenades that cause a burning effect upon detonation. Has a dash ability.
- Corrupted Wretch: Armed with an Arc Spear that delivers a series of jabs in rapid succession; repeated strikes cause paralysis. Leaves behind a Void trail that slows anyone that steps in it; the trail lingers for 10 seconds at a time. Can throw Scorch Grenades similarly to Corrupted Dregs. Can perform a quick dash towards its target.
- Corrupted Vandal: Armed with a Scorch Rifle that has two different firing modes: a full-auto barrage of seeking Solar projectiles and a Solar sniper bolt that causes a burning effect. Can summon a Void barrier around themselves that provides a damage resistance buff to nearby Viruses and poisons any Guardian that steps in it. After remaining for too long, the barrier releases an Arc detonation that blinds anyone within its radius.
- Corrupted Marauder: Can turn invisible. Armed with an Arc Shrapnel Launcher that inflicts a shocking effect on its target. Equipped with Null Blades on its lower arms that pull energy from a Guardian's shield, sundering their armor while granting itself increased speed and a health regeneration ability. Can perform a quick dash, which leaves behind a trail of fire that ignites anyone that steps in it.
- Corrupted Captain: Outfitted with a Solar energy shield and can teleport. Armed with a Draining Welder that fires clusters of arcing, explosive Void shrapnel which track their targets and briefly suppress Guardian abilities upon detonation. Can hurl Arc Darkness Bolts that track, blind, and deafen their targets. Carry Scorch Blades in their lower arms, which inflict a burning effect with each hit.
- Corrupted Servitor: Can teleport short distances. Armed with a Void Servitor's Eye cannon that fires rockets which create energy domes upon detonation, sucking anything in its radius like a black hole while slowing down anything trapped inside. Can employ an Arc web melee attack at close range, shocking anything in its radius. Summons Solar bombs upon death.
- Corrupted Thrall: Equipped with Solar claws to tear Guardians apart in close range and inflict their victims with a burning effect. Can quickly teleport short distances before performing an Arc dash attack that blinds enemies that are struck. Their dashes leave behind long trails of Void energy that inflicts the "Shadow Touched" debuff to anyone that steps in it.
- Corrupted Acolyte: Armed with Arc Shredders with an increased rate of fire. Can summon Acolyte's Eye turrets that fire a constant beam of Void energy. Throws Solar grenades that ignites targets just like its Hive counterpart.
- Corrupted Wizard: Outfitted with a Void energy shield and can fly. Capable of firing Solar Necromantic Gazes that track their targets. Can plant down Void pillars that summon Shadow Thrall and poison any Guardian that steps in it. Once the pillars dissipate, they turn into Arc orbs that track the player and inflict a shocking debuff once it hits.
- Corrupted Knight: Can quickly teleport short distances. Armed with a Void Boomer that has faster ballistic velocity, no gravitational drop, and fires bolts that create a purple dome upon detonation which slows and weakens Guardians that step in it. Can launch a spread of Solar projectiles that erupt into fire tornadoes upon impact. Can unsheathe an Arc Cleaver for close range that inflicts a shocking effect when it strikes.
- Corrupted Ogre: Unleashes a stream of Arc Eye Blasts that inflict the "Grounded" debuff, which disables jumping abilities for a short time. Can perform a Void Ground Slam that inflicts a debuff that disables recovery and slows down ability recharge rates. Capable of throwing giant Solar bombs when enraged; bombs move slowly, but track their targets and leaves behind a giant pool of fire upon detonation.
- Corrupted Goblin: Armed with a Void Slap Rifle upgraded with a dramatically increased rate of fire and seeking projectiles. Can fire a shield ray at other Viruses to provide full immunity for them, which doubles as an Arc beam that deals constant damage. Equipped with a Solar melee attack that briefly ignites its target. Can teleport short distances.
- Corrupted Hobgoblin: Armed with a Void Line Rifle that has two different firing modes: a sniper bolt with small explosive properties and slows its targets upon a direct hit and a series of Retaliation Swarms. Can throw Arc Slap Grenades that produce a feedback field that blinds and slows anyone that steps in it. Equipped with a Solar melee attack that briefly ignites it target.
- Corrupted Harpy: Armed with dual Void Slap Rifles that function the same as the Corrupted Goblin's Slap Rifle and can fly around while shooting. Can launch a Solar bomb at close range that leaves behind a pool of fire upon detonation. Explodes in a web of Arc energy upon death, producing a feedback field that blinds and slows anyone that steps in it.
- Corrupted Minotaur: Equipped with a Void energy shield. Armed with a Solar Torch Hammer that fires explosive bolts which ignite and sunder their targets upon detonation. Can turn invisible and teleport short distances. Capable of a Void energy drain function at close range which causes rapid damage. Equipped with an Arc melee attack that causes significant knockback and blindness for a short time.
- Corrupted Hydra: Outfitted with rotating semicircular shields that block all damage. Armed with a Solar Aeon Maul that fires high explosive bolts which leave behind pools of fire that ignite and sunder Guardians for a short time. Capable of a close range Arc detonation melee attack that blinds, knocks back, and shocks anyone that gets too close. Releases a Void blast upon death that will release an energy dome that will poison and slow anyone that steps inside.
- Corrupted Cyclops: Armed with a Void mortar that fires a spread of blasts which track their targets. Outfitted with a Solar Aeon Maul that functions the same as the Corrupted Hydra's Aeon Maul. Capable of unleashing an Arc beam when enraged, which is capable of dealing constant damage and inflicting a shocking effect.
- Corrupted War Beast: Outfitted with Arc claws that briefly slow their targets. Capable of unleashing a Solar headbutt attack that ignites and knocks its victim back. Explodes in a Void singularity when killed.
- Corrupted Psion: Armed with Arc Hunter Rifles with two different firing modes: a full-auto barrage of slugs and a laser-pointed semi-auto sniper shot. Can duplicate to create more copies of itself. Capable of unleashing a Solar Psionic Blast that behaves just like its regular Red Legion Psion counterpart, but with added ability of slowing Guardians upon descent on top of creating a burning line and rupture. Unleashes an Arc melee attack at close range that causes brief blindness.
- Corrupted Legionary: Armed with a Solar Cabal Slug Shotgun that inflicts a burning and sundering effect on its targets. Capable of unleashing an Arc shockwave that travels forward and inflicts a shocking effect upon a direct hit. Can fire a Void frag grenade which attaches to any surface as a trap and leaves behind a poison cloud upon detonation.
- Corrupted Phalanx: Armed with a Solar Slug Shotgun that functions the same as the Corrupted Legionary's shotgun. Outfitted with a Cabal Shield that can unleash an Arc energy blast that inflicts major knockback was well as a shocking and blinding effect. Can uses its shield to unleash a Void singularity that causes damage over time. Can teleport short distances.
- Corrupted Incendior: Armed with a Cabal Magma Launcher upgraded with enhanced fire rate, range, and burn damage. Can perform a charged Arc blast from the weapon that causes knockback as well as a shocking and slowing effect. Summons Void seeker orbs upon death.
- Corrupted Gladiator: Armed with Arc Cabal Severus which cause brief paralysis with each strike. Can perform a Solar berserker charge attack that sends Guardians flying and inflicts them with a burning effect. Can throw a Void frag grenade that creates a poison cloud upon detonation.
- Corrupted Centurion: Equipped with an Arc energy shield and can teleport short distances. Armed with an Arc Cabal Bronto Cannon that fires mortar blasts which have no gravitational drop and leave behind giant energy domes that shock, blind, and slow Guardians that step in them. Can fire Void Axion Darts that inflict poison and suppression effects upon a direct hit. Equipped with a Solar blade that ignites and sunders its victims.
- Corrupted Colossus: Armed with a Void Cabal Slug Launcher that fires super slugs which create giant energy domes upon impact which poison, suppress, and slow Guardians that step in them. Can fire Solar cluster missiles that leave behind pools of fire upon detonation which ignite and sunder as well as cause its victim to bleed. Can unleash an Arc quake attack that shocks, blinds, and slows its target.
- Corrupted Ballistarius: Armed with twin Arc Slug Rifles which are capable of changing elemental damage types and fire rapidly, essentially a sub machinegun. The turrets they put down fire Tracking Bombs that detonate in a burst of Arc energy and cast a protective shield that can be broken in a few shots; when entering the shield one is inflicted with the Slowed debuff.
- Corrupted Lancer: Their spears can now fire short bursts of Arc energy in addition to their shields, which function like ordinary Corrupted Phalanxes. Noted for dodge-and-weave attacks.
- Corrupted Flamer: Instead of Solar energy they are equipped with Gravity Cannons that place orbs of sucking Void energy wherever they land; the more orbs are added to an area the greater their power. They throw a Gravity Grenade that has much limited AoE.
- Corrupted Hypaspist: Their weapons are replaced with a gigantic shield that effectively replicates the Corrupted Vandal's Void barrier but is impenetrable to all weaponsfire except concentrated Super attacks. For ordinary combat they can shield other units with a Void energy stream projected from their heads that can damage any Guardians that wander into the stream, and show significant damage resistance to weaponsfire, comparable to Randal the Vandal.
- Corrupted Gunnery Sergeant: They control Corrupted Goliath Tanks that fire Arc blasts with an AoE attack that can short out Guardian weapons but cannot suppress abilities or Supers. In personal combat they use Void Projection Rifles with a higher AoE.
- Corrupted Pulsar: Both Psion Pulsar subtypes are combined, and serve as commanders of Corrupted attacks during Heroic Public Events. If they're killed the Corrupted lose unit cohesion and retreat. They are protected by a group of lesser Pulsars that must be killed in order to damage them. This can stack up to three times.
- Corrupted Draconarius: Their rocket launchers have become even more deadly, firing tracking Void rocket volleys that can kill a Guardian upon immediate impact, and can break Roaming Supers easily. Their Dragon's Gaze now fires an Arc beam of energy that creates a line of electric currents upon impact, which will shock and slow Guardians that step in them. Their rocket jet blasts now create a large Solar pillar.
- Corrupted Lightning Psion: In addition to their normal abilities these Corrupted units can now phase in and out of reality at will and regain a portion of their health. Their Lasrifles fire sticky Void Grenades that can kill a Guardian if enough are stuck onto them.
- Corrupted Marauder Lancer: Their overshields now explode when a Guardian draws too near to them. Their arm-mounted blades have merged with their arms completely, and their missile launcher fires a single Void orb at a time that functions the same as the Corrupted Lancer's, only with more explosive force.
- Corrupted Thunderbolt Colossus: Their Phaser Cannons can punch through any Guardian Roaming Super and deal double-damage if their Super is activated. Their Ultra-Heavy Slug Throwers fire swarms of Void missiles that can flush out Guardians in hiding.
- Corrupted Skiff: These remote controlled airships will deploy Viruses via Solar satellite laser, which will instantly destroy anyone within its radius. In addition it will deploy Shock Grenades at an increased rate of fire with a larger blast radius, as well as fire with its Void Skiff Turrets, which fire high explosive warheads that cause a blackout. However, like regular Skiffs, the grenade launchers can be destroyed, limiting its overall firepower.
- Corrupted Walker: Now fully self-aware, Walkers have gained notice of their purpose. Unlike regular Walkers, they actually scour the arena to seek out anyone hiding in cover. All of its weapons deal Void Void damage and inflict poison and suppression effects as they deal more damage. Has the ability to trap Guardians in place at close range in corrupted ether domes, draining their health, before pushing them back with their shockwave. The domes can be destroyed. Can roll out Corrupted Exploder Shanks from its rear.
- Corrupted Tombship: Has Axion Dart cannons which fire faster and have high ballistic velocity. Can rain down a giant Solar bomb that unleashes a group of Viruses. Can fire Arc Boomer bolts in rapid succession.
- Corrupted Breaker Goliath Tank: Appearing only as the ultimate Ultra boss of Heroic Public Events, these monsters have gained sentience and aggressively seek out a Guardian at random, attempting to run them over. Its weapons are all Void based, and has a Vortex function, where it will launch a singularity from its main cannon that will drag Guardians over to them and deal damage over time. Can bring Guardians out of their Super ability and will suppress Guardian abilities for a short time. After remaining trapped for a short time, the singularity will erupt into a Void pillar, sending Guardians flying upward and causing them to die of fall damage.