Shrine of Oryx (mission)
- "Search the darkest corners of the Hellmouth for the fabled Shrine and destroy it."
- — In game description
|Shrine of Oryx|
|Destinypedia doesn't currently have a walkthrough for this level, could you write it?|
- Enter the Hellmouth
- Assassinate the Baron
- Find the Shrine
- Take out the Hive
- Weaken the Shrine
- Kill the Knight
- Destroy the Shrine
- Ghost: Listen to this, from an old Warlock, Osiris:
- Osiris: Every end crawls from the same pit, rising from the schism to swallow matter, Light, and life. It will not be stopped, but here it can be slowed. The Shrines of Oryx must be destroyed.
- GHOST: There is a Shrine here, but it's further in the Hellmouth than anywhere we've been. We should try to destroy it before it's too late.
The Guardian heads into the Hive fortress.
- GHOST: I'm picking up Fallen activity. Heavier than normal. Something's got them worked up. I'll stay on it.
The Guardian heads deeper into the Hive fortress.
- GHOST: If I translated these Fallen comms correctly, one of their Barons is here. They don't crawl out of their Skiffs too often. Sounds like an opportunity.
The Guardian kills Frigoris, Exiled Baron and his Fallen crew.
- GHOST: Got 'im! That's one less Baron to worry about. Let's find the Shrine.
The Guardian reaches some tunnels.
- GHOST: These tunnels go on for miles. We'll never explore them all.
After passing through the tunnels, the Guardian reaches an open area. A deep, distant roar is heard.
- GHOST: I don't even want to know what they're keeping down there.
The Guardian heads deeper into the Hive fortress and encounters Fallen and Hive fighting each other.
- GHOST: The Fallen are just as crazy as we are.
After eliminating or ignoring the Hive and Fallen the Guardian heads deeper into the Hive fortress until the Shrine is visible in the distance.
- GHOST: There's the Shrine! Find a way through!
The Guardian enters the room where the Shrine of Oryx is located and kills all of the Acolytes in the room.
- GHOST: Let me out under the Shrine. I'll look for a weakness.
The Guardian deploys the Ghost to scan the Shrine.
- GHOST: It's tethered to a power far beyond the edge of the system. If I can just break the link... Let's just hope we don't get sucked into some transdimensional vortex.
Sardok, Eye of Oryx appears, entering through a door. The Guardian kills him and his attendant Hive.
- GHOST: It's weakened! Destroy it!
The Guardian destroys the Shrine of Oryx.
- GHOST: We severed their connection. The Shrine... it was communing with something out there—their God or King. Well, not anymore. Whatever it is, it's still out there.
- Frigoris, Exiled Baron
- Sardok, Eye of Oryx
- This section needs expansion. You can help Destinypedia by .
- Bungie (2015-2-24), Destiny: Activision Blizzard