- "Travel to the home of the Awoken and find what they know about the Black Garden."
- — In game description
If you're looking for the playable race, see Awoken.
|Destinypedia doesn't currently have a walkthrough for this level, could you write it?|
The Guardian's jumpship appears, flying through the vast, seemingly empty Asteroid Belt. Upon arriving, they witness hundreds of destroyed ships, stations and other pieces of debris.
- The Guardian: Where did all this come from?
- Ghost: Every ship that could escape fled Earth during The Collapse. They made it this far...I guess they died out here.
The camera cuts to the inside of the ship, showing Ghost floating next to the Guardian, their helmet removed.
- Guardian: It's a graveyard.
The Guardian's ship flies past more debris.
- Guardian: How did the Awoken survive?
- Ghost: No one knows.
Several of the pieces form together to reveal two Awoken ships, camouflaged within the wreckage. Their thrusters activate as they follow the Guardian.
- Awoken Guard: Intruder bearing one-two-seven, you have crossed into the realm of the Awoken. State your business, or be fired on by order of the Queen.
The Guardian and Ghost glance at each other.
- Ghost: Don't look at me! Better say something.
The Guardian pauses.
- Guardian: We are here from Earth. We're here to seek the counsel of the Awoken.
The Awoken ships draw nearer to the Guardian's, flanking it on either side, as they wait for a response.
- Awoken Guard: Conform to my trajectory. Any deviation will be taken as an act of aggression.
The Guardian looks at the Ghost and smiles.
- Guardian: Looks like we're in the right place.
- Ghost: Why is the right place always so terrifying?
The three ships continue toward the Reef. Fades to black.
Fades in on a long walkway, leading up to a throne. The Guardian walks toward the throne, unarmed. Ghost follows along. Behind them, the two Awoken Guards follow closely. Uldren Sov awaits them, standing in front of the throne.
- Uldren Sov: So...these are the trespassers demanding an audience.
- Ghost: We didn't mean to trespass.
- Uldren Sov: The Queen herself judges who may or may not enter the realm.
Uldren smirks, and walks down the steps toward the Guardian.
- Uldren Sov: Me? I see no reason she should be available for whatever washes up at The Reef. But here we are.
- Guardian: We've come to ask for help.
From behind the throne, two Vandals with pikes approach, snarling.
- Ghost: (alarmed) Fallen!
Uldren looks behind him. Taking advantage of the distraction, the Guardian pushes one of the guards back and grabs her gun from a holster. The Vandals ready their pikes in a defensive position. Uldren quickly unsheathes a knife and holds it to the Guardian's throat while catching their wrist. The other Guard raises her pistol at the Guardian. The Ghost looks back and forth between the two.
- Mara Sov: It is afraid of the Fallen.
The Guardian and Ghost look towards the throne to find the source of the voice: Mara Sov, the Queen of the Reef.
- Mara Sov: It does not understand these ones are mine.
As the Queen sits on her throne, the two Vandals lift their pikes and stand at rest. The disarmed Guard yanks her weapon from the Guardian's hand and re-holsters it. The Brother removes his blade from the edge of their neck, and the Guardian pulls their forearm away.
- Uldren Sov: Apologies... Your Grace.
He bows slightly and steps back.
- Guardian: I am a Guardian, from Earth. We're searching for the Black Garden.
- Uldren Sov: Why?
- Guardian: We seek to destroy the Darkness at its heart.
- Uldren Sov: You want to turn it into a battleground. (derisively) How unimaginative.
- Guardian: Do you know where it is?
- Uldren Sov: Everyone knows where it is. The hard part is getting in.
- Guardian: Can you help us?
Uldren advances on The Guardian once more.
- Uldren Sov: (irritated) And why... would we... do that?
- Mara Sov: The Queen requests counsel with her brother.
Uldren and Guardian glare at one another before the former turns around, walks toward the Queen, and kneels by her side. The two speak between themselves, inaudible to the Guardian. Soon, Uldren turns to look at them and smiles.
- Uldren Sov: (whispers) Yes, that's good. (speaking normally) That's good. (stands) Why not? (to the Guardian) We'll make you a key... how's that? All we need is the head of a Vex Gate Lord.
The Ghost visibly reacts, as the Guardian narrows their eyes in confusion.
- Ghost: (nervously) A Gate Lord? Uh...we—
- Guardian: Why do you want a Vex head?
- Uldren Sov: Oh, we don't... and I doubt we'll get one either. But it's your only hope of getting into the Black Garden.
- Guardian: We will return.
- Uldren Sov: ...Or die on Venus. Either way.
The Guardian turns and leaves, the Guards following closely behind. Fades to black.
- Bungie (2014/9/9), Destiny: Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard