Forum:Prologue: End of the World
From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
|Forums: Index → Fan Fiction → Prologue: End of the World|
|Prologue: End of the World|
|Destinypedia doesn't currently have a walkthrough for this level, could you write it?|
Prologue: End of the World is a Story Mission that takes place in Auradon.
- Exo Stranger: In the beginning, there was only one...a single black infinitude. Then the infinitude found release, and finally, the darkness broke, filling it with life. With the Multiverse. Every existence multiplied by possibility, and spread out before space and time in infinite measure. Civilizations rose and fell, and rose again to cross realities grasping expanse. Life, a precious gift that took the form of the Traveler, persevering in the face of every obstacle, until finally, the age of heroes and Guardians was born. Chaos, the constant enemy of life, kept at bay by champions from across the Multiverse. Joining forces to fight on behalf of all creation, they found each other just in time. But then, the Darkness came.
- Exo Stranger: Ever since the deaths of its forces at the hands of the heroes, the Pyramids scoured the entire universe, looking for a new champion to lead our enemies to victory... until one day, they found not one, but two... in the forms of Kirito and Asuna, teenage players from the world of Sword Art Online who united all of our enemies to annihilate the multiverse's heroes, including one of our own, and bring an end to both the Light and the time of past heroes and villains alike. This isn't just my story and yours... it is also the story of a girl who vowed to avenge the deaths of her parents and became the Dragon Queen. While our stories are different, they all began with a Splinter.
Kneeling before an Ascendant gateway, a shadowy, armored figure bows.
- Winnower's Servant: The Dragon’s Eye has awakened. It is on a little world. A human world. They would only wield its power…
As it spoke, it faced two shadows: Kirito and Asuna. Kirito is handed the Shadow Elucidator, a pitch black sword fitted with Taken trims of black emeralds, each encircled with Hive runes, while Asuna is given the Proto-Thorn, a corrupted Scout Rifle adorned with dark, green blades. Then, it turned its head back to the gateway.
- Winnower's Servant: But our allies know its workings as they never will. They are ready to lead. And our forces will follow.
Tens of thousands of millions of the Darkness’s forces stand ready in a diabolically seething mass of neat rows and columns… the ground simply roars.
- Winnower's Servant: The world will be theirs. The universe yours. And the humans, what can they do but burn?
LOCATION: Auradon Prep, Earth
Meanwhile, out in Auradon, the school is in a state of panic. It’s an evacuation. A swooping jumpship flies in. Walking out of the jumpship, Commander Zavala and Leafa approach the King of Auradon, Benjamin Florian.
- Zavala: How bad is it, Ben?
- Ben: I don't know. But, judging by what you’re seeing, something bad’s already happening.
- Leafa: You know who?
- Evie: It's Maleficent. She’s escaped her cage, and now, she’s planning to destroy the barrier and free the villains from the Isle of the Lost.
- Zavala: Any status on the kids?
- Auradonian Guard: Only ten dead. Most of the kids… injured.
- Merlin: (approaching them) Then, I suggest we find Maleficent immediately.
- Zavala: Hello, Merlin. It is good to see you again.
- Merlin: Likewise. If what Beast said is true, then I fear what Maleficent’s doing right now could bring a dark terror upon the heart of this kingdom.
- Zavala: Indeed. She needs to be stopped… at any and all costs.
But then, a mist of green clouds suddenly thunders and shakes the entire kingdom of Auradon. Zavala and his allies run hurriedly into the scene, only to find Maleficent dead, with Mal standing near her corpse.
- Zavala: (clenching his fists) That's not possible...
As Mal turned around, Leafa immediately sensed something disturbing.
- Leafa: Something’s wrong, guys.
Zavala then approached her, finger on the trigger, but then Mal’s eyes glowed green again and she pushed them back.
- Zavala: It's a trap!
As they struggled to get back up, she laughed evilly before teleporting away.
- Merlin: Zavala. Tell me Maleficent didn’t get to her.
- Zavala: No. This is something else. Something much, much worse than we could’ve anticipated.
- Ben: Worse?
- Zavala: (looking at the sky that has now been surrounded by the Pyramids) The Darkness… It’s here.
Unbeknownst to them, the gap on the Isle of the Lost’s barrier shifted down, right to the prison where Yzma’s son Zevon was detained. Suddenly, a shadowy, hooded female figure approached his frozen state and chanted a spell alongside her legion.
- Magda Peterson: Run free, King Zevon.
The ice suddenly began to break. Now freed from his ice cage, Zevon laughed as he grabbed both the Golden Cobra and the Birthright Jewels from the girl’s hands.
- Leafa: (stunned by the sudden development of Zevon’s escape within the Isle of the Lost that she saw from Evie’s mirror) A great evil’s coming. On all sides and corners.
- Merlin: Not coming. They’re already here!
- Ben: What?!
Then, he and Zavala saw an approaching armada of enemy warships coming out of the newly-developed storm.
- Zavala: Battle stations!
The warships open fire on the defenses, bombarding Auradon.
- Zavala: Everyone with me! Now!
But, just when Zavala was about to form his Ward of Dawn, he was suddenly pulled away.
- Zavala: Everyone, evacuate the civilians!
Suddenly, shadows of the 16 people approached them, with a few of them glaring menacingly.
- Morgana le Fay: Surrender, Merlin.
- Zavala: Impossible! It can't be...
- Ben: You know her?!
- Merlin: These are dark powers you meddle with, Morgana. Who granted them? Who resurrected you from death?
- Morgana: Beaters and powerbearers beyond your ken. You five aren't going anywhere.
Morgana smirked as the Fallen, Hive, Vex, Cabal, Taken, and Scorn surround them.
- Morgana: Neither will you be able to kill Mal.
- Malcolm Merlyn: Go. Kill any civilian you find and bring their heads to our leaders!
- Zavala: (determined) Tonight, we fight, Guardians.
Then, he, Merlin, Evie, Ben, and Leafa begin fighting them.
As waves of Fallen prepare their attacks, Zavala charges at them, killing their troops with his Answering Chord.
Ben and Evie formed a shield near them.
- Ben: (as he and Evie attacked the Hive and Vex) Leafa, find the Godmother’s Wand and reboot the barrier. We’ll handle those guys.
- Leafa: On it.
Meanwhile, Merlin, holding the Staff of Avalon, readied a spell that blocked the Scorn from going anywhere near the kingdom and its civilians.
- Merlin: Call upon as many as you want, scumbags! You’ll never reach the walls of this city.
At the same time, Ben’s guards and the Auradonian Kids began mounting a breach against the Taken wave and the dark leaders.
As the Cabal deployed their troops into the field, Zavala turned around and formed a gap that immediately overwhelmed them.
Unfortunately, a masked Kirito and Asuna were watching all of it unfold.
- Kirito: Look at those weaklings.
- Asuna: They claim to be defenders of all that is good, Kirito. But, they’re nothing other than the ones who abandoned us and left our people for dead. But with you here, everything will change.
- Kirito: Then... We take back what’s ours.
Just when Zavala thought the enemies were gone, Kirito threw a few corrupted concussion grenades into the battlefield, brutally paralyzing the fireteam into one spot. At that time, the Fallen, Hive, Vex, Cabal, Taken, and Scorn rose again, stronger than ever, and began breaking the protective barriers that surrounded Auradon. Freddie Facilier and the other Auradonian Kids attempted to try fixing the barrier, but the Reverse-Flash and Damien Darhk knocked them off-course.
- Zavala: How's that possible?
All of a sudden, Kirito approached them.
- Kirito: (in a distorted voice) Hello, Zavala. We’ve been waiting for this moment.
- Zavala: (aiming his rifle at Kirito) Who are you, and why did you come here? This isn’t a world that you can destroy.
- Kirito: You might not know us.
- Asuna: But, we know you. We know what you did and what you’ve been doing all our lives. And now, it’s your turn to die the same way our people died.
- Merlin: Not on our watch, witch! As long as the Light stands strong, you will never win.
- Kirito: (grinning evilly) We wouldn’t be too sure about that. Your confidence is predictable. You've faced some of the greatest evils known to man, and you've defeated them, but if you think so highly of yourselves that you can defeat any threat that comes your way…
Suddenly, he and Asuna took off their masks. Zavala and his allies saw their faces, immediately shocked.
- Kirito: How do you feel about us?
- Leafa: Onii-chan?! Asuna?!
- Merlin: Impossible! But… but how?!
- Zavala: So... It’s true. You did survive the attack.
- Asuna: What can we say? We have friends from higher places.
- Zavala: (chuckling as he clenched his fists, determined) Friends, you say? Let’s see if your ‘friends’ can handle our might.
- Kirito: (smirking) We don’t think this fight will be as fair as you think.
- Ben: We?!
Just then, Zevon approached them, and the Fallen Splicers did the same, fingers on the triggers of their weapons.
- Zevon: (holding his Golden Cobra) He’s talking about me.
- Evie: Zevon?! You’re back?! I thought we froze you.
- Zevon: (grabbing his corrupted Lord of Wolves shotgun) Not for long. That’s right. I’m back, and far more powerful than ever, especially thanks to this weapon, courtesy of the Shadowkeepers.
- Zavala: (turning around) Shadowkeepers?! You’re in league with THEM?! You don’t even know what they’re capable of. What they’ve done!
- Zevon: Everything we’ve been doing and everything we will have done… They’re all for Mal!
As they spoke, Ceres Galliot jumpships flew overhead - the Awoken had come to help.
- Petra Venj: This is Petra Venj, we’ve come to aid in your evacuation. We’ll help hold them off and get everyone to the jumpships.
- Zavala: Roger that, Petra.
Then, the Shadowkeepers began firing. Petra Venj, her comrades, and Merlin did the same while Ben and Evie fought against Zevon.
Meanwhile, Kirito and Asuna engaged Zavala and Leafa into battle. Zavala’s Answering Chord sending burst fire, and Kirito’s sword slicing through the air, trying to land a blow. At the same time, Asuna fired her weapon at Leafa, who immediately glided through and attempted to distract her. But, Asuna, having immediately known what Leafa would do next, sabotaged her wings.
- Kirito: (stabbing his sword at Zavala) You will fall easily!
- Zavala: (dodging his attacks) And you do not know of the Light’s power.
- Kirito: If the Light is so powerful, then how come the Traveler fell so easily in the Collapse?
Kirito sliced at Zavala’s chest, which created a cut in the armor.
- Zavala: My people and I didn’t know what the Darkness was capable of. But now, I do.
- Kirito: Then, I suppose I’ll kill you to give you something to look forward to.
- Zavala: Then I will show you just how powerful the Light is.
Zavala launched forward, filled with Arc energy, and sent a Fist of Havoc onto the ground, knocking Kirito back and giving Zavala the upper hand.
Kirito attempted to retaliate by lunging forward, but Zavala parried with his shoulder plate. Meanwhile, while Leafa stunned Asuna with her attacks, Ben and Evie managed to distract Zevon long enough to prepare for a special knockout.
However, just when Zavala was about to deliver a shocking attack, the Fallen and their Kell turned on a mysterious device that immediately caged and crippled the source of Auradon’s majestic energy, which drained Zavala and his nearby companions of their Light and exposed his Ghost, Targe.
Upon seeing it all happen, Kirito grinned as he grabbed a Shock Pistol and shot Zavala’s Ghost, while Leafa, Ben, and Evie suddenly suffered waves of brutal attacks from the Shadowkeepers.
Zavala groaned as he was pushed back against the wall and punched repeatedly by Kirito’s right Arc-fused Exo arm, while a Fallen Marauder threw a spear, damaging Leafa's eye shortly before a Captain kills her.
- Kirito: (brutally kicking and wounding Zavala, who began coughing blood) For centuries, you let those monsters steal my world and my people from me and become kings and queens of thieves, alone upon stolen thrones! But now, that day is over! The time for heroes and villains is over! My reign begins!
Meanwhile, Evie and Ben, still reeling from their sudden losses of the Light, attempt to try and stop Zevon, but are cornered by another teenage boy.
- Sasuke Uchiha: Amaterasu!
He sent waves of black flames against them. Evie and Ben tried to blow it away, but suddenly became powerless and on the verge of death.
- Sasuke: So, you are the kids who claimed to have defeated Zevon? (kills Evie after stripping her of Light) Well, I am here because I must correct your arrogant belief that you can defeat Kirito. (to Ben) The same way I corrected your parents' belief when I slaughtered them.
- Ben: YOU BASTARD!!! I'LL KI--
Sasuke clenched his left mechanical Exo arm as he began activating his Rinnegan and Sharingan, immediately killing Ben, while Zevon went on to attach the Golden Cobra to the Pyramid’s core.
Merlin, having witnessed it firsthand, attempts to go after him, but is knocked off-guard by Phoenixaro Uchihamaki, Reign, Djin, Tobias Whale, and the rest of the Shadowkeepers fighting off the Awoken.
- Merlin: So, that’s how it is… No matter… you’ll never find the civilians. Our people are evacuating them as we speak.
- Leopold Fitz: No, old man. It’s the beginning of your end… and theirs.
- Merlin: What?
Merlin gasped before looking at the ships flying towards a trap. At the same time, Uldren Sov, Fikrul, and the Barons, and their armies of Scorn activated an Ether Blade Launcher, its sparks of fury focused on the ships holding the civilians. When the ships came into focus, Uldren smirked.
- Uldren: Fire.
As the Barons fired the shots, the Scorn cheered as the two ships carrying the civilians blew up. Petra, having felt grief and shock upon watching the ships fall down hard, teleported herself somewhere nearby a place where the Auradonian Kids and the knights were making a stand. But by the time she began running into the fray, most of them were already dead. Petra clenched her fists as she attempted to fire back at their murderers.
- Petra: (firing furiously at the attackers) You bastards! You’ll pay for your crimes!
Some Awoken units backed her up and joined in the battle, clearing a way for the remaining kids to escape through.
- Petra: This is Petra - watch out for anti-air! We need to evacuate as many people as we can!
But, she and the Awoken were soon overwhelmed by the Fallen; unfortunately, by the time they were able to fight them, the remaining Auradonian guards were slain.
- Petra: Damn it! (rushes towards the Fallen, killing their troops)
While all of this is happening, Zavala, now severely damaged and on the verge of death, attempts to try and stop Kirito's attacks.
- Zavala: (struggling to breathe) You don't have to do this. What you're doing... isn't of your will. This isn't you! The Darkness's trying to control you. Resist it!
- Kirito: (pointing his sword at Zavala) All it did was free me from all the lies that your so-called savior told everyone. You turned Suguha against me! Against Asuna! Against my people! But... (laughs) look what it led her to.
Zavala attempts to grab his weapon, but it suddenly levitates itself towards Kirito's hand.
- Kirito: (shoots Zavala in the heart) No one's coming to save you, Zavala. (aims the weapon at his head) Any last words?
- Zavala: (smirks) It doesn't matter if you or the Darkness wins. The Light will always find a way, and once it does, it will destroy you. The Guardians will stop the Darkness.
- Kirito: (laughs) The Guardians? How can they if you're gone? Let them find me... so that I can destroy their Light in front of them. (smirks) Goodbye, Zavala.
As Petra and the Techeuns reach the battlefield, Zavala turns around and sends his last words to Petra shortly before Kirito shoots him.
- Zavala: (to Petra) Run! (falls down, lying dead on the floor)
- Petra: No!
As Petra tries to stop Kirito, the remaining AKs and Auradon Prep students rally behind her.
- Kirito: Bravo. You were always clever, but if you think you can just stand in my way, you are wrong. It all makes sense now, doesn't it? It doesn't matter now, for I have been biding my time. Studying your histories, your every moves, picking you all off piece by piece, watching you do exactly what I wanted. I had hoped AKs and VKs would annihilate each other for me, but if you want the job done right, I'll have to do it myself. Now, a new world order has begun!
- Sedia: No, murderer. Your reign of terror ends right here, right now!
- Kirito: Funny... your wizard friend said the same thing to me. (teleports Merlin's dead corpse to the Awoken's spot) It didn't end well for him.
- Kalli: You son of a bitch! (to Shuro Chi and Sedia) Prepare your attack, sisters!
- Shuro Chi: On it.
But just when the Techeuns are about to attack, Kirito chants a few terrifying words, summoning another pair of Swords, corrupted by Darkness.
- Kirito: (eyes turning bright red and yellow) Deathburst Stream!
Suddenly, the Awoken soldiers found themselves being pushed back, while all of the AKs and students disintegrated in the process.
- Shuro Chi: That power... I've never seen anything like this before.
- Petra: (points her Sidearm at Kirito) You monster... what have you done?!
- Asuna: (approaching Kirito) Kirito, the time has come. Activate Lightfall.
- Kalli: (gasps) Lightfall... NO!
- Sedia: Petra, we must run while we still have the chance!
- Petra: Requesting backup now!
As numerous Awoken ships approach them, Kirito and Asuna thrust their dark Splinters into the air, triggering a mysterious link, giving off waves of antimatter. By the time Shuro Chi found out what was happening, a few buildings had already disintegrated and reappeared as towns from Aincrad.
- Shuro Chi: We lost much this night. A noble Guardian's Light and countless innocent souls...have been taken from the world.
- Petra: Bring your comrades to this ship. I'll join you afterwards.
But suddenly, the Shadowkeepers returned, but this time, a massive Pyramid was waiting for them. Among those entering the ship is Mal, whose outfit had changed into that which consisted of dark purple pants, a black shirt, and a dark green trench coat. Petra immediately recognizes her.
- Petra: Mal? Mal! Don't do this! There is still some good in you left!
- Mal: I'm so sorry. I'm sorry, I just... I thought that... I was afraid to tell you. I thought I was gonna lose my life. But I had to do something! I had to protect my birthright! It's just...
- Petra: What?
Suddenly, Petra is teleported to the Awoken ship.
- Shuro Chi: We have to go!
- Petra: Mal, no!
- Mal: (letting off a slight grin) I wish things could've been different.
As the Pyramid closed its doors, Eobard Thawne teleported Mal and his accomplices inside shortly before entering it himself.
- Petra: No...
As the armada of Awoken jumpships leave, all of Auradon is suddenly terraformed into a realm of Aincrad. The Destiny 2: Paradox title card appears.
It was a cloudy, miserable day on Felwinter Peak. Even the weather seemed to mourn about the loss of those people. Today was the funeral of Evie, Doug, Jay, Lonnie, Carlos, Jane, Chad, Audrey, and the other teens who lost their lives on a terrible accident. At the same time, every state in the Last City was in grief after Ikora reported the passing of Sofia the First, Elena of Avalor, Commander Zavala, and the rest of the fallen heroes. As promised, she, along with the members of the Tower, traveled to the Iron Temple to report the sad news. Every Lightless civilians were in deep sorrow after hearing it. A funeral was held in the cemetery around the Iron Temple. Instead of a gravestone, a few statues was built in honor of the fallen people. The Vanguard, the people of the Last City, their mentors, the royal Guardians of the Iron Temple, and the villagers were there. Everyone made speeches. Every one talked about the kind of people they are. Generous, kind-hearted, compassionate, wise, and how they would've saved the City one day. But perhaps the most heartwarming speech was from a few notable people, including Ikora Rey. Zavala's body can be seen covered, alone in a coffin on a cemetery, save for Ikora Rey, flanked by all Guardians and allies of The Last City, all paying their respects to Zavala.
- Ikora Rey: When you first came to our world, you were a Lightbearer... like all of us. Eager to put your life on the front line so that you can protect our people and our City against our enemies. That's when we knew that you would be the one to help us usher in a new age of heroes and legends.
She approaches Zavala's coffin.
- Ikora Rey: We should've been there. This is not your fault. This... is on the head of the Black Swordsman. But if he thinks what he's done is the end, it's not. It's... the beginning. We're going to fight him. All of us. Every Titans and Meisters. Every Warlocks and Shinobis. Every Hunters, Huntresses, and Huntsmen. We will take Auradon by storm... for our Fireteam. For Zavala.
Suraya Hawthorne, Saladin Forge, Osiris, Saint-14, and Devrim Kay were like statues. Emotionless and not moving unless someone moved them. They both were crying while they were saying their last goodbyes to their friends/siblings. Shiro-4 felt lonely. He never had felt lonelier in his life. He looked through the gathered. Tess Everis, Ada-1, and Tyra Karn were shaking, crying on their friends' shoulders who couldn't hold back the tears. Ikora kept a blank face but her tears were running like a river. Asher Mir was sobbing into Sloane's arms. Lord Shaxx...oh, Lord Shaxx, Arcite 99-40 ached for his best friend. Failsafe was crying loudly, her emotion unchanged. For Ikora, Brother Vance was the only one who could cheer them up, even in the darkest of times. The only one who could understand her. The 4 villains - Jafar, Cruella de Vil, Queen Grimhilde, and Dr. Facilier - who lost their children were also attending the funeral, with the Awoken Guards near them, which could only mean one thing: the barrier on the Isle of the Lost was destroyed, but not in the way the Isle villains would've wanted. Soon enough, all of the Guardians left the funeral, but only The Guardian and Ikora stayed behind.
- The Guardian: You won't have to worry.
Ikora, surprised, looks over at the Guardian.
- The Guardian: We will avenge Zavala's death.
The Guardian proceeds to leave the cemetery. The screen fades to black.
Kimi no kage ni fukaku
ochiru kanashimi wo
machi wo sukuu kokoro no
yami ga shihai suru sekai
tsubasawa toki ni mi wo makase
hitori yoru no kaze ni
nabiku nure garasu
So tasty blacken
Nagareochiru risei to hoshi ni negai wo
koroshita kosei no kazu dake hito wa
otona ni naru
namida no kakera wo atsume
ikutsu mono yoru ni koi sakenda
Filthy, Beastie Lazy nights
onaji yoru wo kurikaeshi
tsuki ga hohoemi kakeru
Watashi wa toki ni hagureta rabirinsu
anata ni deau kiseki wa kanata
aitai kioku wo riroodo meiro
watashi wo mitsukete
aikotoba wa himitsu
futari wa hikari to kage no shirabe
LOCATION: Tower Plaza, The Tower, Earth
- Banshee-44: Memory ain't so good these days. But Zavala… Never forget Zavala. Titan through and through… Left all his worldly possessions to whoever finally took him down. Don't know about you. But. Rather lose every last memory in my head that know that little player holds Zavala's prized Auto Rifle; the Answering Chord. You gotta promise me. Put Kirito in the ground. And get the Answering Chord back. If anyone should have the Chord… S'you.
LOCATION: Hall of Guardians, The Tower, Earth
- Ikora Rey: On the edge of our Solar System lies a world called Aincrad. That's where you'll find Kirito and Asuna. As for AJ... No one has seen him... not since The Dimensional Wars. He blames himself for what happened to Auradon, even though it's not his fault. We're working on a plan to bring him back from Yavin. Ever since the Traveler woke, it's been speaking to me. Visions of crowns, roses, silver trees. Candles that turn into bonfires. And I'm not the only one. If you see something… new… don't be afraid to pursue it. I could help you more… after all, we're all in this together. This is your road now.