Forum:The Coming Storm
From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
|Forums: Index → Fan Fiction → The Coming Storm|
|The Coming Storm|
1 - 3
|Destinypedia doesn't currently have a walkthrough for this level, could you write it?|
- Search for the Signal
- Overcome the Cabal
- Assist the Fallen
- Stop the Archon
- VARIKS: Guardian, I have news of a signal fixated on Mars...An old signal, has been active for a very long time. We must know why, or...someone else may get there first...
The Guardian lands in the Scablands, moving forward.
- GHOST: Variks, where is this signal located?
- GHOST: We better hurry if we want to get there first.
The Guardian enters into Giants' Pass, seeing Sand Eater Cabal patrolling around the fortifications. They would take out forces, causing more Cabal to retaliate, sending in waves and waves of Legionaries, Phalanxes, Psion Operants, and Colossi. But they would all be defeated along with a Major Legionary named Tra'eng.
- GHOST: Hold on...I'm getting another transmission, it's...hard to pick up, we may need to move.
The Guardian leaves and travels to the Valley of the Kings, where a battle between Fallen of an unknown House and Dust Giants fighting against each other, with a Ketch hovering in view above the skirmish.
- GHOST: We got Cabal fighting against the Fallen...but these Fallen aren't part of a House I ever seen.
- VARIKS: Wait, A another House? Guardian! Do not [attack them yet, Do not-]
The channel with Variks goes static.
- GHOST: Variks? Variks!?...I can't get to him, too much interference, may need to get to higher ground.
The Guardian weaves their way through the battle, but as they try to get to better ground, they notice the Fallen aren't attacking them like they usually would do.
- GHOST: That's strange, these Fallen aren't shooting us...but why?
They soon hear a voice but from a unknown channel.
- GHOST: I think I can hear someone!
- AJ: Damn blasted Cabal, scrambling with all of our comms.
- GHOST: Hello? Can anyone read us?
- AJ: Hm? Who's this?
- GHOST: I am a Ghost, my Guardian and I were investigating some kind of distress signal, are you alone?
- AJ: Uh...not exactly...
A loud Fallen roar could be heard in the transmission channel.
- GHOST: Was that a Fallen? Are you in trouble?
- AJ: Nonono, just...don't shoot any of these Fallen...
- GHOST: What?!
- AJ: Ok look, I know this may sound crazy, but just please don't shoot any of these Fallen.
- GHOST: Um...well even though they aren't shooting us, why should we not shoot them?
- AJ: Look, I'll explain later, just shoot the Cabal, not the Fallen.
- GHOST: Uh...ok?
The Guardian, following the orders, takes out the rest of the Cabal, but leaves the Fallen alone, resulting in the Fallen cheering for the Guardian's assistance.
- GHOST: Huh, they just cheered for us when we helped, and they didn't even shoot us. Either they like us or we are in a dream.
- GHOST: Looks like the signal is pointing inside the tank, and there is more friendly Fallen...and more "unfriendly" Cabal...
Doing what they did before, The Guardian takes out the Cabal, leaving the Fallen alive. But as they do so, a group of Dregs and Shanks led by a Servitor exit out of the tank, colored differently than the rest of the Fallen seen outside of the tank.
- GHOST: Uh...are these Fallen friendly like the rest that we seen or are they the usual bloodthirsty bad Fallen?
- AJ: Nope. They're the usual bad ones.
The Guardian kills the enemy Fallen and goes into the tank.
- GHOST: Ok, so...why are these, “good” Fallen here on Mars?
- AJ: One of our-I mean one of their crews were scouting around Mars...until something cut the group off from their House, but few hours after they went off, a signal that had the same distress codes as the Fallen had, popped up in the tank.
- GHOST: So that was the signal that kept pinging then? Well how about we can all work together and maybe find those lost Fallen?
The Guardian would get inside the tank, seeing Cabal and hostile Fallen fighting for control over the tank.
- GHOST: Ok, more bad Fallen, shouldn't be a problem.
The Guardian would defeat both of the Cabal and Fallen, heading deeper into the tank as they get into the final area, seeing more Cabal and more Fallen. They would soon take them out. Afterwards, The Guardian finds a Fallen console that is where the signal is pin-pointing from. As they attempt to disable it, hoards of Fallen Dregs, Reaver Vandals, Shanks, and Servitors would exit out from the doors of the tank to fight The Guardian. As they defeat them, a large Captain, Tikmiks, Archon Priest, would exit out of the large doors at the end of the room accompanied by two Archon Servants.
- GHOST: Uh-oh, we got a giant Captain that is really REALLY angry at us!
The Guardian battles out against Tikmiks and his reinforcements, but just as they were about to defeat him, Tikmiks would teleport away from the tank and disappear entirely. The Ghost would soon shut off the pinging distress signal.
- GHOST: I was able to cut off the signal, as well as whatever was jamming other comms. But that Captain got away...
- VARIKS: Guardian, Guardian, can you hear me?
- GHOST: Yes, we are here, as well as some of our..."friends".
- VARIKS: Friend...?
A Fallen would be heard speaking to Variks from the comms channel of AJ.
- VARIKS: Ah...it is no secret, House Lions are here, heard the same signal as we did, yes? And now, signal has been found, not of Wolves?
- GHOST: No, it was a different House, one that hates both us, AND these Fallen..."Lion" Fallen.
- VARIKS: Hmm...come back to the Reef, must talk to you, and to House Lions as well, yes?