Forum:Dusk Over the Cosmodrome
From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
|Forums: Index → Fan Fiction → Dusk Over the Cosmodrome|
|Dusk Over the Cosmodrome|
Destiny 2: New Light
|Destinypedia doesn't currently have a walkthrough for this level, could you write it?|
|“||The Hive aren't the only threats within the Cosmodrome. Return to Shaw Han for intel on the other malicious presence within the rusted Russian spaceport, the Fallen of the House of Dusk.||”|
Dusk Over the Cosmodrome is a Quest players acquire after completing New Light. Following the death of Navôta, Eir Spawn, and the fragmentation of the brood behind her, freshly rezed Guardians are called back to the Cosmodrome to counter the increasing Fallen presence within, discover what they are truly doing there and cripple them before they can become a serious threat.
- Return to Shaw Han in the Cosmodrome
"Hey there new blood. Hope you're not busy, because I'm in need of your help. The Cosmodrome is in need of your help. Return to me as soon as possible."-Shaw Han
- Shaw Han - You made it! Finally. No time for chitchat, we have a serious problem. If you haven't noticed, the Hive aren't the only creatures trying to get comfortable here in the Cosmodrome. The Fallen you have encountered countless times before are members of a desperate union of fragmented Fallen houses calling themselves the House of Dusk. Since countless Guardian operations kicked down and drove out the previous four-armed occupants of the House of Devils and Kings, the remnants of these bygone houses decided to return back to their former bases of operations. Because, apparently, they didn't get the message. The first time. However, we have reason to believe they're here for something else, and that isn't just a baseless hunch. And there's no one I trusted more than you to do some sabotage and investigation. So, what do you say? Ready to break the Fallen? Again?
- Search for a long range scanner in order to track enemy movements
"These rusted lands is a great place to find salvage worth a lot to those within the city. And even beyond it. However, we aren't the only ones that see worth in such priceless tech. Unfortunately. Luckily, you have the light and a gun on your side. Nothing here we can't handle, eh?"-Ghost
- Shaw Han - First things first, Guardian. We can't survey Fallen operations without getting a good lay of the land. I need you to search for a broadband scanner. Find one, and I may just get a glimpse into the true size and scale of their efforts here. A wrecked ship nearby should have one. See if it has it, if not, chase down the Fallen that picked it clean. Those are the only potentialities here, especially with the Fallen. As for me, the Vanguard tasked me with scouting a Fallen mining expedition. I'll be on comms. Good luck, Guardian.
After beginning the similarly named mission
- Ghost - Shaw, we've got eyes on the ship. Moving in.
- Shaw Han - Copy. Intimately check it. We need that Scanner if we are to get eyes on Fallen movements. Remember, if it's not there, then some big, four armed nasty has it.
The Guardian investigates the ship
- Ghost - Well, damn. It's not here. Which means we got some hunting to do.
- Shaw Han - Ah, quit complaining! Taking out some Fallen delinquents shouldn't be a problem for you. There could be a way to discover where those scavengers whisked the scanner to. Some guardians set up an info cache nearby. Check the tunnels underneath the power station.
After entering the underground and taking out a squad of Marauders, a waypoint directs the guardian to a digital map of the Cosmodrome
- Ghost - Huh. A map of the entire Cosmodrome. If this doesn't have the whereabouts of our Fallen friends, then I don't know what will.
The Guardian deploys the Ghost to the map
- Ghost - Let's see here. Not there. Nope. Nada. Hmm... Found it! It's in a jumpship dry dock nearby! In the... place we first met, Shaw.
- Shaw Han - Huh. Weird. Thought I cleared that place out by then.
- Ghost - The Fallen just left the scanner alone? Ah, well, they weren't really going to use it. Let's get it before they notice.
- Shaw Han - Wait, they left it alone?
The Guardian approaches the scanner
- Shaw Han - WAIT, GET AWAY FROM IT!
A Web Mine detonates, temporarily entrapping the Guardian. Fallen barriers wall the room in.
- Shaw Han - Guardian, it was a trap! Run!
- Ghost - We can't, the Fallen have blocked off our escapes!
- Shaw Han - Damn it. Stay alive Guardian, I'm going to get you out of there!
A cacophony of distant Fallen roars are heard, and an onslaught of Fallen begins entering the room. After surviving a few waves, a loud roar is heard in the distance and Skaviks, Dusk Archon enters the arena through a hole in the wall. Skaviks speaks a few lines of Eliksni as he enters the arena.
- Shaw Han - No, it can't be! But, I thought he- Never mind, stay alive Guardian!
The Guardian kills Skaviks and the remaining Fallen enemies
- Ghost - *Huff* Whew, big guy is down, and it appears the Fallen are in retreat. Now what? ...Shaw?
- Shaw Han - ...Guardian. Y- You just killed an Archon. And not just any Archon. Y- You killed a butcher. A lot of Guardians met a premature end to that bastard's hands. Good Guardians, too. When I heard that roar, I thought I would lose another Guardian to that monster. You just put the memory of all those he slew to rest. I- thank you Guardian. A lot of people will thank you. And excellent job. We've got our scanner, and we just did our first major blow to the House of Dusk. Return to me. About time we turn this thing into something useful, eh?
- Ghost - Wait, that was their Archon? Huh, thought he would be bigger.
- Patrol the Cosmodrome and sabotage House of Dusk operations
"You just dropped an Archon. One of the most indispensable members of a Fallen House. Without him, the link between the Fallen and their Prime Servitor has been shattered. Meaning we just broke a bit of their grip on the Cosmodrome. But an Archon is only part of a House. Let's get to doing some more damage."-Shaw Han
- Shaw Han - Guardian. You just won the Vanguard a big victory. You took out one of the House of Dusk's Archons and got us eyes over each and every corner of the Cosmodrome. Without their precious Servitor priest, the Fallen will withdraw as much of their soldiers back to whatever dark crevice they call their den. But this means they're desperate, which makes them more of a threat. Before we get after them and drive them out from their base of operations, we need to thin out their numbers as much as we can. The House of Dusk can only stay afloat so long as they ensure control of and exploit this place. So, let's get to hunting down their operations abroad and take them down. Nothing new for a Guardian, eh?
- Defeat Fallen across the Cosmodrome. Elites, Majors and Ultras provide more progress.
- Complete 5 Patrols.
- Complete a Glimmer Extraction and Weapons Exchange Public Event.
Shadows Beyond the Wall
- Pursue a Fallen commander and acquire an opening into House of Dusk communications
"The Fallen are starting to reel. Brilliant! Now that they're losing control over the Cosmodrome, we can finally get to taking out their command. First, we need to find a way into their network. Lucky for us, I got word of a Captain leading a scouting team beyond the wall. He's got a good enough rank to have access to some of their most secure communications. So, let's waste no time and kill two birds with one stone."-Shaw Han
- Shaw Han - Thanks to you, Guardian, the House of Dusk is starting to weaken. Without the brunt of their forces and weaponry, they're beginning to wear thin. Now that we're drawing out more of their numbers from wherever they're hiding, I think now is the moment we begin to find out where they're pouring out from. However, the scanner only works so well and the Fallen are crafty and clever enough to shroud their movements. We need to claim something tied to their network. I just got word on a high ranking Captain coordinating operations just outside the Cosmodrome wall. Considering his position and the force backing him, it's probably safe to assume he's got access to one of the more secure channels. This is a golden opportunity, Guardian, one we cannot, must not, skip. Hunt him down and strip him of his commlink. Then we can finally begin mobilizing against their leadership and drive them out of the Cosmodrome once and for all. Happy hunting!
After beginning the mission
- Shaw Han - Alright. Vanguard reports show that the Captain is just beyond the wall. However, we believe he's starting to get wise to our plan and has laid traps, barriers and soldiers throughout the wall's superstructure. Watch your step in there.
The Guardian progresses through The Breach, making it into the first chamber, coming across a pod of Fallen and a barrier barring further progress
- Ghost - Ah! A barrier! Seems like our Captain really did know we were coming. Not going to stop us though. Let's find what ever is powering it.
A squad of Fallen drop from the ceiling and a Servitor emerges from the hole in the wall. After killing the Servitor, the barrier drops
- Ghost - Aaaand... Barriers down! Let's get a move on.
After taking out a team of sniper Vandals and Tracer Shanks and evading a Web Mine, the Guardian fights off another squad of Fallen and drops another Barricade Servitor. Continuing through, the Guardian comes across more Web Mines and Trip Mines
- Ghost - Wow, the Fallen put up a lot of traps just to keep us away from their commander. Guess that's a testament to their commitment to him.
- Shaw Han - All the more reason to take him down. All his subordinates will collapse on themselves without a commander to keep them off each other's throats. Remember, what makes the Fallen dangerous is their ambition. We knock down their commanders, we leave behind dregs and riffraff to squabble for power like dogs for a bone.
The Guardian comes across the final barrier barring access to the Gateway. After defeating the final Barricade Servitor, the Guardian walks though the hallway leading to the exit into the open expanse where they were first resurrected
- Shaw Han - Be careful, Guardian. If you die out there, the Captain just might take that opportunity to escape. Stay on your toes and take him out.
The Guardian enters the Gateway, coming across a Darkness Zone, a large squad of Fallen encircling a Barricade Servitor and a dome shield protecting Braskin, Stealth Captain
- Dusk Captain - (Eliksni Speech: E sloat hu shan! Dre den. Kas shar ha!) (Translates to: "The prey bravely fights! But not for long. Destroy them!")
- Ghost - Well, he sounds angry.
- Shaw Han - Also seems he has a way with words! Lots of Fallen moving in on your position! Watch your back!
After taking out the Fallen squad and the Barricade Servitor, the dome shield drops and exposes Braskin
- Shaw Han - He's exposed! Take him out!
- Dusk Captain - (Eliksni Speech: Grrr... En e zer ra di? Ne zu kas ha!) (Translation: Grrr... Why is the Guardian not dead? I will kill them myself!)
Braskin will continue to teleport across the arena while also assailing the Guardian with his Shock Rifle. After losing a half of his health, he will retreat behind another dome shield
- Dusk Captain - Bwahahahaha!
- Ghost - Oh come on! Coward!
- Shaw Han - Do not relent! We cannot allow him to escape! Find the Servitor!
After taking out the freshly spawned Barricade Servitor, the dome shield will, once again, falter and Braskin will engage the assailing Guardian
- Dusk Captain - (Eliksni Speech: GRAAAAAH!!! Das hus ban zu! Tas hu dres! Ze en dre, e zer zu kar dis!) (Translation: GRAAAAH!!! Fight if you must. Know this means nothing. Light or not, you will die, slowly!)
The Guardian, after braving Braskin's forces and evading his volleys of Shock Rifle bolts, eventually kills him
- Ghost - Whew! The big, angry guy is dead and his forces are retreating!
- Shaw Han - And we got ourselves a window into the House of Dusk's comms! Grab it!
The Guardian approaches and interacts with Braskin's corpse, acquiring the inert and uncalibrated commlink
- Ghost - Got it! Huh, it appears disabled. Are we too late?
- Shaw Han - No. We got it in the nick of time, actually. All we need to do is register you into the network and we got ears on everything Fallen in the Cosmodrome. Come back here and we can sort that out.
Calibrating a New Window
The Ketch Heist