From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
|Forums: Index → Fan Fiction → Blood Guards|
The Blood Guards are an elite force of remnant Red Legion soldiers. They have made a dedicated effort to greatly increase their attack power to continue their eternal search for conquest. Unlike other Cabal legions, they only have a Dominus rank due to their ties with the Red Legion. Blood Guards can be identified by their sleek, metallic, crimson-colored armor tipped with spikes on their limbs and imperial crests protruding from the shoulderpads.
Because of their armor design, Blood Guards have moderately less health than the average Cabal soldier, but are granted highly improved mobility as a result, and are also equipped with life-sustaining devices which grant them innate health regeneration whenever they are outside of combat. Each unit also comes in different tiers with varying combat behaviors.
- Blood Guard War Beast－A rabid War Beast that employs aggressive swarm tactics. Armed with dual head-mounted Slug Rifles that have increased fire rate and damage. Claw attacks inflict a bleeding effect. Can headbutt players to briefly slow them down.
- Leech War Beast－An Elite-class Blood Guard War Beast armed with dual head-mounted fully automatic Slug Rifles. Greatly increased damage and duration for the bleeding effect.
- Hemorrhagic War Beast－A Major-class Blood Guard War Beast armed with dual head-mounted Projection Rifles. Greatly increased attack speed with its claws.
- Exsanguinator War Beast－A large Ultra-class Blood Guard War Beast armed with dual head-mounted fully automatic Projection Rifles with greatly increased fire rate and damage. Inflicts a stacking bleeding effect with its claw attacks. Occasionally lets off a roar to rally nearby War Beasts and push the player back.
- Blood Guard Psion－A Red Legion Psion with enhanced psionic capabilities. Armed with a Cabal Headhunter that has greater damage as well as bonus damage on precision shots but has a longer charge time. Can use its Psionic blasts in all elements with varying effects: Arc inflicts a blindness effect, Solar inflicts burning effect, and Void inflicts a slowness effect.
- Leech Psion－An Elite-class Blood Guard Psion armed with a Cabal Headhunter that has faster lock-on and charge times, higher base damage, and precision damage capabilities. At close range, it uses a psionic melee attack to slowly drain a portion of the player's health to heal itself.
- Hemorrhagic Psion－A Major-class Blood Guard Psion armed with a Cabal Headhunter that has higher base damage, precision damage capabilities, faster lock-on and charges times, and disorientation effects upon a hit. Can inflict bleeding effects with its psionic blasts in addition to the base debuffs.
- Exsanguinator Psion－A large Ultra-class Blood Guard Psion armed with a higher-damage Cabal Headhunter that has precision damage capabilities, faster lock-on and charge times, and disorientation and bleeding effects. Launches psionic blasts with longer reach, a larger blast radius, and a damaging pulse upon detonation dependent on the element. At close range, it uses a psionic melee attack to knock the player back and inflict a recovery-disabling debuff. Occasionally teleports to another location.
- Blood Guard Legionary－A more tactical Red Legion Legionary. Armed with a Slug Lancer pulse rifle, which fires Solar slugs in a five-round burst that cause high aim deflection Equipped with a Frag Detonator that explodes into sharp pieces of fragment upon detonation, inflicting a bleeding effect upon a hit; unsheathes a Solar blade that singes targets on hit, causing the player to stumble and take light burning damage. Will retreat on low health; rapidly fires Frag Detonators when behind cover.
- Leech Legionary－An Elite-class Blood Guard Legionary. Armed with a Slug Pounder loaded with incendiary rounds. Any damage they deal to their target immediately restores their own health and increases health regeneration rate while briefly disabling the player’s recovery.
- Hemorrhagic Legionary－A Major-class Blood Guard Legionary armed with an incendiary Slug Pounder with greater aim deflection and more damage. Equipped with a Frag Detonator that has a larger blast radius, releases fragments that inflict a stacking bleeding effect, and unsheathes a singing Solar blade with faster attack speed.
- Exsanguinator Legionary－An Ultra-class Blood Guard Legionary armed with an incendiary Slug Pounder with a faster fire rate, greater aim deflection, and higher damage. Equipped with a Frag Detonator which fires a scatter of multiple grenades which each explode twice, releasing fragments that inflict a stacking bleeding effect; unsheathes a Solar blade with longer reach, and inflicts a stacking burning effect.
- Blood Guard Phalanx－A more aggressive variant of the Red Legion Phalanx. Equipped with a Blood Shield which expands to form a retractable crescent barrier that blocks all damage and entry points; units directly behind the barrier gain an increase in fire rate. Can move around with the barrier deployed; will eventually charge at the player to bash them with the shield, knocking them back; when faced at close range, it will lunge shield-first to knock its target down. Armed with a Cabal Slug Shotgun that fires blinding slugs.
- Leech Phalanx－An Elite-class Blood Guard Phalanx armed with a faster firing Cabal Slug Shotgun loaded with blinding slugs. All melee attacks with the shield disorient the player on hit. Equipped with a Solar vibroblade that inflicts a stacking burning effect; can also fire off Frag Detonators one after in a four-round burst. Detonators act as tripmines, instantly detonating upon being triggered.
- Hemorrhagic Phalanx－A Major-class Blood Guard Phalanx armed with a Cabal Slug Shotgun that fires blinding shock-inflicting slugs. The barrier activated by its shield has a greater radius; units nearby the barrier will gain an increase to fire rate and damage resistance. Any attack that it lands with its attacks will mark the player’s location for a short time, allowing nearby units to better track them.
- Exsanguinator Phalanx－A large Ultra-class Blood Guard Phalanx armed with a fully automatic Cabal Slug Shotgun that fires blinding shock-inflicting slugs that also briefly paralyze their target. Has a shield barrier with an incredibly wide radius buffing nearby units’ fire rate, attack damage, damage resistance, and health regeneration speed. Melee attacks that hit disorient and slow the player. Equipped with a fully automatic Frag Detonator with incendiary properties.
- Blood Guard Incendior－A Red Legion Incendior who uses pyrotechnics to greater effect. Armed with an enhanced Cabal Magma Launcher that has a faster fire rate, longer range, greater accuracy, and higher burn damage. Equipped with a reinforced fuel tank that fully absorbs all incoming damage. Uses a compression blast that has much greater knockback force. Pulls out a Bloodborne Axe at close range, inflicting a stacking bleeding effect upon a hit.
- Leech Incendior－An Elite-class Blood Guard Incendior armed with an enhanced Cabal Magma Launcher that also has a Bloodfire Grenade dispenser which fires Solar explosives that leave behind a large pool of fire upon detonation.
- Hemorrhagic Incendior－A Major-class Blood Guard Incendior armed with enhanced Cabal Magma Launcher that also launches a concentrated stream of fire at medium range. Uses its reinforced fuel tank to fire Cabal Rocket Shells that track their targets and detonate based on their target’s proximity. Can throw its Bloodborne Axe to inflict a heavy bleeding effect.
- Exsanguinator Incendior－A large Ultra-class Bloodguard Incendior armed with an enhanced Cabal Magma Launcher that has both a Bloodfire Grenade dispenser and a concentrated flame launcher. Equipped with a heavily reinforced fuel tank which deflects incoming damage; it also launches Cabal Magma Shells that have incendiary properties. Uses a compression blast that has greater range and knockback force. Slams its Bloodborne Axe on the ground to create a wave of heat that travels along the ground.
- Blood Guard Gladiator－A Red Legion Gladiator armed with enhanced Cabal Severus blades that inflict heavy stacking bleeding effects with each attack; while bleeding, the player’s vision instantly turns to a deep red and their recovery is disabled afterwards. Capable of performing a shoulder charge attack that can knock the player down for a sustained period of time. Enters a berserker rage upon low health, gaining a massive increase in movement speed.
- Leech Gladiator－An Elite-class Blood Guard Gladiator armed with enhanced Cabal Severus Blades that also inflict stacking burning effects; while burning, the player’s resilience is sundered by 200% for a short time. Shoulder charge attacks also reduce the player’s mobility by 100% for a short time.
- Hemorrhagic Gladiator－A Major-class Blood Guard Gladiator armed with enhanced Cabal Severus blades that also inflict stacking burning and poison effects; while poisoned, the player’s vision is disoriented. Capable of slowing its targets towards it by throwing a Blood Javelin which gradually slows its victim to a crawl.
- Exsanguinator Gladiator－A large Ultra-class Blood Guard Gladiator armed with an enhanced Cabal Severus blade that also inflicts heavy stacking burning and poison effects; the blade itself has longer reach and is used in wide sweeping attacks. Uses shoulder charge attacks to disorient and slow their targets; can toss multiple Blood Javelins at once which can also cause their targets to bleed for a short time. Targets far-range players with a one-handed, fully automatic Slug Rifle that fires seeking Solar slugs.
- Blood Guard Centurion－A Red Legion Centurion armed with an enhanced Cabal Bronto Cannon that fires large Void blasts that release an energy sphere upon detonation; players in the sphere take increased damage and deal reduced damage. Throws Blood Clusterbombs that split into explosive Solar submunitions which seek nearby targets. Occasionally summons tactical bombardment. Protected by a Solar shield. Unsheathes a Void vibroblade at close range that rapidly poisons its target on rapid hits.
- Leech Centurion－An Elite-class Blood Guard Centurion armed with an enhanced Cabal Bronto Cannon that also fires its Void blasts in a split group of three projectiles. Throws Blood Clusterbombs that have incendiary properties. Rallies nearby units to attack one target at a time, giving them smarter pathing. Unsheathes a Void vibroblade with higher poison damage. Protected by an Arc absorption shield.
- Hemorrhagic Centurion－A Major-class Blood Guard Centurion armed with an enhanced Cabal Bronto Cannon that also fires a scatter of five Void blasts with a larger blast radius and release bigger domes upon detonation. Summons tactical bombardment that leaves behind EMP pulses which reduce shield capacity and disable health recovery for a short time. Protected by a Void absorption shield.
- Exsanguinator Centurion－A large Ultra-class Blood Guard Centurion armed with an enhanced Cabal Bronto Cannon that also fires a split group of seven projectiles that each seek out a target and create energy domes that increase damage taken, reduce damage dealt, and drastically slow movement. Throws incendiary Blood Clusterbombs that also sunder all targets upon detonation. Summons tactical bombardment that leave behind EMP pulses that also blind their targets. Gives orders to nearby units, giving them increased movement speed, smarter pathing, and increased fire rate and weapon damage. Protected by randomly rotating elemental absorption shields simultaneously.
- Blood Guard Colossus－A Red Legion Colossus equipped with more powerful artillery. Armed with an enhanced Heavy Slug Thrower that fires a barrage of Solar slugs which inflict stacking burning effects. Equipped with pods on their armor which fire a myriad of Cabal Cluster Missiles that blind, shock, and slow their targets. When faced up close, they will unleash a series of rapid punches that will quickly break the player’s shield; punches leave behind homing quakes that push the player backwards.
- Leech Colossus－An Elite-class Blood Guard Colossus armed with an enhanced Heavy Slug Thrower that also sunders its targets on hit. Equipped with pods on their armor which fire a myriad of Cabal Cluster Missiles that blind, shock, slow, and eventually paralyza their targets. Punches the ground to release homing quakes that deal gradual damage.
- Hemorrhagic Colossus－A Major-class Bloodguard Colossus armed with an enhanced Cabal Slug Launcher that fires a stream of Arc super slugs that leave behind feedback fields upon detonation: feedback fields blind, shock, and slow everything inside of them. Equipped with pods on their armor which fire a myriad of Solar Cluster Missiles that burn and sunder their targets. Equipped with an Inverter Gauntlet which unleashes a shockwave that suspends targets in midair for a short time; airborne targets suffer a reduced weapon fire rate.
- Exsanguinator Colossus－A large Ultra-class Blood Guard Colossus armed with a Cabal Phaser Cannon that charges and fires a large, continuous beam of Void energy that greatly disrupts the player’s HUD, decreases weapon damage, and suppresses abilities. Equipped with a back-mounted Cabal Bronto Bomber that fires a gigantic Void blast that releases a large energy dome upon detonation; the sphere sunders and poisons everything inside. Uses a Bloodborne Drill for close combat; emits shockwaves that deal rapid damage over time.
- Blood Scorpius－Fires a series of Solar flechettes which track their targets and inflict heavy stacking bleeding effect upon a hit.
- Blood Volcanic Scorpius－Unleashes a constant stream of flame that burns and sunders all targets lined up in its path.
- Blood Interceptor－Outfitted with Void heavy cannons that fire large energy blasts which suppress abilities; periodically fires Cabal Cluster Missiles which blind and slow their targets. Knocks the player back with a booster ramming attack.
- Blood Thresher－Outfitted with dual enhanced Heavy Slug Throwers and periodically fires Cabal Rocket Shells with more aggressive tracking. Offloads randomized crews of Blood Guards, Scorpius turrets, Interceptors, and Blood Goliath Tanks.
- Blood Goliath Tank－Armed with an enhanced Planet Cracker turret enhanced with proximity detonation, and projectiles will leave a pool of fire on the ground where they strike. Equipped with enhanced Cabal Cluster Missile pods. Deploys enhanced Heavy Slug Throwers, enhanced Cabal Slug Launchers, and Cabal Phaser Cannons.