- "Slow to shoot but brutal upon impact."
- —Weapon description
The Duke MK.44 is a standard-issue revolver hand cannon manufactured by the City's Sector 08 Armory.. It's brothers are the Duke MK. 10 and the Duke MK. 21The weapon is most commonly associated with newer Guardians who equipped with a sidearm.The favorite weapon of those who have to make their first steps outside the City walls. This popular hand cannon model is the reference to the old day gone by. The dangers of the frontier are many, but with the speed of extraction, the holographic viewfinder and the ultra sensitive trigger of the Duke MK.44 no enemy will be spared.
While the Duke has a low rate of fire and a high recoil, it produces a high amount of damage with each round and is not affected by reticule bloom. It has a built in "quick draw holo sight", as well as a "hair trigger".
- The Duke's design is reminiscent of the .44 Magnum Mega Class from Bungie's Marathon, though it lacks the Mega Class' scope.
- The magazine size is a reference to Bungie's favorite number, seven.
- ^ a b Bungie.net: Destiny Drawing Board: Duke MK.44
- ^ Image of label on the Duke MK.44
- ^ YouTube: E3 2013 Destiny Gameplay Demo
- ^ Bungie.net: Bungie News