From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
Absorption Shield (non-Ultra)
Nightmare Chieftains are Nightmares that be found on the Derelict Leviathan.
Minor Nightmare Chieftains of all types can appear during Nightmare Containment or Sever missions. They behave much like standard Chieftains, but will drop Unstable Essence when killed, which can help deal with Dread Bearers and bosses.
A Major Void Nightmare Chieftain will occasionally appear in the Royal Pools alongside two Nightmare Lurkers, guarding a chest.
Ultra Solar Nightmare Chieftains can spawn in the Pleasure Gardens, where they will be accompanied by two other lesser Nightmares, either Major Lurkers, Major Raiders or Elite Stalkers. They will stay more or less at their spawn point, bombarding passing players with their Scorn Blaster, disrupting them with their Ether Torches, or smashing them with their Ultra Smash, which can knock Guardians into walls. While players don't gain much from defeating them, removing them from the map can make other, more useful or rewarding World Events appear in their place.
Named Nightmare Chieftains
- Nightmare of Cek'ik, Seeker of the Deep
- Nightmare of Evoks, the Burned
- Nightmare of Kra'lok, the Sword
- The Drowned
- The Forgotten
- The Sunken
List of Appearances
- Destiny 2
- Season of the Haunted (First appearance)
- ^ Bungie (2022/5/24), Destiny 2: Season of the Haunted - Nightmare Containment
- ^ Bungie (2022/5/24), Destiny 2: Season of the Haunted - Sever
- ^ Bungie (2022/5/24), Destiny 2: Season of the Haunted - Patrol: Derelict Leviathan