From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
- "Weave a grappling hook, and quickly pull yourself forward. Grappling to a Tangle immediately recharges your grenade energy. During and shortly after grappling, your melee attack deals area damage and unravels targets."
- — In-game description
The Grapple is a type of Strand Grenade Ability. The Grapple can be used to grab onto targets, surfaces, or even to thin air, and then pulled to propel oneself towards them or swing around the anchor point. If one grapples onto a tangle, the grenade charge is not expended. While in flight or shortly thereafter, a player can press the Melee button to unleash a poweful strike called "grapple melee", which deals area damage, unravels targets, and counts as both a Melee and a Grenade for the purpose of effects.
- The Threadrunner’s Super Silkstrike can cast and spam Grapples indefinitely for the duration of their Super.
- The Widow's Silk Threadrunner Aspect, on top of giving all Grenades a second charge, makes Grapples create a Grapple Tangle at the grapple point.
- The Mindspun Invocation Broodweaver Aspect causes Grapple melees to spawn three threadling' eggs upon connecting.
- The Cyrtarachne's Facade Exotic Armor grants woven mail upon grappling, on top of increasing the flinch resistance granted.