From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
Bug or glitch?
Not sure what this is, but someone edited their profile and it came up in the recent changes as "changed section 'mobiquo/mobiquo.php'". Here is a screenshot for reference. Any idea on what is causing that?--Spartacus Talk 18:41, 17 February 2013 (EST)
- It's something related to using Tapatalk. Looking into it. --Porplemontage (talk) 18:46, 17 February 2013 (EST)
- Patrollers are added on an as-needed basis to give the existing staff some extra coverage against vandals. We might not need more patrollers quite yet, but when we do they are contacted directly and asked if they want to join the team. --Porplemontage (talk) 21:14, 5 September 2013 (EDT)
Policy on alpha footage?
Hi, I've been looking through policy on using references, and I want to add some material to the wiki, but most of it comes from video footage from the alpha rather than articles. Would it be ok to use those as references? OmgHAX! (talk) 14:59, 20 June 2014 (EDT)
- Given that the Alpha was a public event, I don't see why not. As long as the videos used don't have any copyright infringement issues or anything like that.--Spartacus Talk • Contribs 15:13, 20 June 2014 (EDT)
Discovery of Mars question
Hello, Porple. I would greatly appreciate if you could answer a simple and trivial question for me: at the beginning of the Destiny Beta, when the human astronauts land on and explore Mars, East Asian characters appear on the screen. I was wondering if you knew what language those characters belonged to (they most likely belonged to either the Mandarin language or the Japanese language, but I can't tell). This could make for a nice entry in a new trivia section on the Mars page - that, "based on the characters displayed in the opening cutscene of the beta, one could assume that Chinese/Japanese astronauts were the ones who landed on and explored Mars." Thanks in advance.
PS: Here's the link to the cutscene I'm referring to at the specific time the East Asian characters appear. (link) —This unsigned comment was made by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- The text says the same thing in English, then French, then Japanese. So in Japanese it says "present day Mars" or literal translation "modern Mars" --Porplemontage (talk) 08:21, 26 July 2014 (EDT)
Ah, so it could be anything from a united Earth to one individual country (most likely the former). It would be quite the turn-around if Japan lands astronauts on Mars before China or America, l0l! Thanks for the literal translation and for identifying which language those characters belonged to, nonetheless. 126.96.36.199 21:36, 26 July 2014 (EDT)
- You've earned it! --Δαντε τηε Γηοστ Ι ωονδερ ιφ Ικορα γιϝες ηυγς το Γηοστσ. Ηεη... ανψωαψς, νιξε ωορκ. Τηις ις ωηατ Ι υσεδ. 17:29, 2 February 2017 (EST)
Scrollbox in mobile view only?
Is there a way to set up the mobile view so that pages that are very long can have an alternate formatting than those which are on desktop. Mainly for Grimoire cards as it would be nice for readability, but I do not want to compromise our current format. Is there a special code link or something I can put in so that a scrollbox will work only with mobile? Thanks! Arcmind Execute long hold for reactivation. AI-COM/ACMD SIGNOFF 21:46, 29 March 2017 (EDT)
- I don't think scroll boxes are desirable on mobile, just for usability and people accidentally scrolling in the wrong area. On phone all the sections are collapsed by default, so you just expand the one you want to read. I think that works well as it is. --Porplemontage (talk) 22:38, 29 March 2017 (EDT)