- "Who's got the last laugh now?"
- — Weapon Description
The Parthian Shot is a Legendary Pulse Rifle introduced in Rise of Iron. It can be obtained from Roni 55-30 for Legendary Marks, the Vanguard from rank-up packages, or as a random reward from high level PVE activities.
- Red Dot-ORA2: Slightly improved optics, improved handling.
- MD-Reflex: Significantly improved handling.
- Reflex: Slightly improved optics, improved aim assist.
- SteadyHand IS: Stable sight. Optimized for excellent recoil control.
- QuickDraw IS: Agile sight. Lightning-fast handling.
- SureShot IS: Snapshot sight. Excellent handling. Superb target acquisition.
- OEG: Slightly improved optics, improved handling.
- OEG Riflescope: Slightly improved optics, improved range.
- Secret Round: Missing a shot from this weapon's burst will fire a fourth shot.
- Outlaw: Precision kills with this weapon dramatically increase reload speed.
- Eye of the Storm: This weapon gets more accurate as your health gets lower.
- Rodeo: Reduces the severity of this weapon's recoil.
- Partial Refund: Chance to return a portion of the magazine after an assist.
- Life Support: Kills with this weapon while critically wounded have a chance to start regenerating health.
- Take A Knee: Crouching grants improved accuracy and stability, as well as reduced aim time and flinch-under-fire.
- Feeding Frenzy: Kills with this weapon increase reload speed for a short time.
- Smallbore: Increased range and stability. Slower reload. Reduced magazine size.
- Perfect Balance: This weapon has extremely low recoil.
- Braced Frame: Increased stability. Reduced magazine size.
- Hand-Laid Stock: Increased stability. Reduced range.
- Appended Magazine: Increased magazine size. Slower reload.
- Feather Mag: Faster reload. Reduced magazine size.
- Rifled Barrel: Increased range. Slower reload.
- Lightweight: When held, this weapon grants +2 character agility.
- Third Eye: Radar stays active while aiming down this weapon's sights.
- Glass Half Full: The bottom half of each magazine causes additional damage.
- Headseeker: Body shots with this weapon increase precision damage for a short time.
- Counterbalance: This weapon has increased stability.
- Rangefinder: Aiming this weapon increases its effective range.
The Parthian Shot is a member of the lowest-rate-of-fire, highest-impact family of pulse rifles. Although its sluggish fire rate makes close-quarters combat risky, each burst packs a punch and allows for a 2-burst kill against enemy Guardians in the Crucible at any range. Its inherently high range and low recoil make this a rather simple task, but stability is still essential for tight grouping. With the proper stability perks, the Parthian Shot becomes the fastest-killing legendary primary weapon in the game.