- The Ghost from the E3 presentation was voiced by Peter Dinklage.--Mythic (talk) 17:16, 12 June 2013 (EDT)
- Yeah, by now I've seen that in a few places.... it did sound a lot like Roland though, didn't it? This is craZboy557, signing off. 17:20, 12 June 2013 (EDT)
Ok, I keep trying to say that it could be just a VI but that keeps getting deleted. So, I figured I'd bring it up here since some people appear to think otherwise. Are we certain it has a full AI or do you agree with me that it could simply be a VI? This is craZboy557, signing off. 06:08, 13 June 2013 (EDT)
- When I first saw the Ghost, I was shocked at the level of sophisitcation compared to the rest of the player's equipment.
- Does this sound somewhat familiar to anyone? Let's take stock...
- Uses some sort of antigravity drive: Check.
- Held together by energy fields that can be modified as dictated by the mission: Check.
- Can access and manipulate ancient technology: Check.
- Has a sophisticated processing system capable of understanding (and effectively demonstrating) irony: Check.
- My money is on "Full AI", but that's just my .02 Glimmer... - DJenser (talk) 12:24, 13 June 2013 (EDT)
Hadn't thought about it like that, but we've also seen teleporting, space magic, two types of hadoken, and personal spaceships. My main thought though is that those could very well have been pre-recorded phrases, possibly included to help calm Guardians. After all, we haven't heard any evidence that it could converse effectively, and that it's able to recognise some not especially remarkable to things. This is craZboy557, signing off. 12:29, 13 June 2013 (EDT)
- The Gamespot interview with Joe Staten would seem to make a case for either side in this argument... On one hand, he states that Ghost is an "important story character" in the game, going so far as to refer to it as "he", while not 20 seconds later he simply states that Ghost is "your little helpful friend; your companion..." when asked point-blank if Ghost is an in-game AI. I suspect that Ghost is, in fact, some sort of AI, but Joe is obviously in full-on Non-Disclosure mode & playing everything close to the vest (as evidenced by his refusal even to acknowledge that Ghost is voiced by Peter "Call me an elf ONE MORE TIME!" Dinklage). He may also be hemming and hawing on Ghost's status to avoid comparisons to Cortana or 343 Guilty Chakas......But that's just my .02 Glimmer... - DJenser 16:53, 14 June 2013 (EDT)
So, the revive ball thingy looks pretty much exactly like a Ghost in flashlight mode, save for the color. I'd say it probably is your Ghost, but I figured I should check before adding it to the article. I figure it would also give us an opportunity to discuss the implications of a thing called a Ghost playing a role in reviving you. Always use the DMR. This is craZboy557, signing off. 09:31, 10 July 2013 (EDT)
- Agreed. That's why I merely stated that it marked the location in which one died, rather than implying that it actually played any other actual part in reviving your character. However, unless it comes to light that players are blessed right off the bat by the Traveler with the ability to raise other players from the dead, it's not that weird to assume that Ghost does, in fact, play a part in the revival process... Nonetheless, since speculation and assumption are bad form on more civilized wikis such as this one, I shall stick with what I know to be true from personal observation: Your Ghost hovers over your defeated corpse (or its last known location), emitting a soft golden light until you get rezzed...But that's just my .02 Glimmer... - DJenser 16:10, 10 July 2013 (EDT)
- Oh, and yeah, the irony of your "Ghost" hovering over the spot where you died is definitely not lost on me...But that's just my .02 Glimmer... - DJenser 16:12, 10 July 2013 (EDT)