|This page is an official Destinypedia policy.|
|Policies of Destinypedia|
|Canon • Notability • Spoilers|
|Blocking • Check User • Personal Images |
Signature • Voting
Bots • Copyright • Deleting • Images
Protected Page • What Destinypedia is not
Code of Conduct
|Manual of Style • Layout Guide • Citation Policy|
Dealing with Vandalism • E.C.V
Article notability determines whether a topic in the Destiny universe merits its own page. Such topics are required to be notable, or "worthy of notice." It is important to recognize that a notability determination does not necessarily depend on things like fame, importance, or the popularity of a topic—although those things may contribute to the acceptability of a subject that meets the criteria laid out below.
Bearing in mind that all articles must conform to the Citation Policy concerning verifiability and reliable sources, the mere description of the information by official sources is not sufficient to establish a topic's notability—an article may, however, be considered notable based on whether or not it meets one of the following criteria:
- The information has all of the necessary quality that can be included in articles and that it has significant coverage to such an extent that it is more than a trivial mention.[note 1]
- In addition, the information has reliable and reputable sources that are independent of the subject.[note 2]
- The information has all the necessary quality of being capable of having its own article.
- There is a foreseeable certainty that the information will see sufficient and future growth. If otherwise, the information must be capable of presenting itself concisely in a section of an article rather than in its own article. If the information is essentially a copy of a Wikipedia entry, a simple interwiki link to that Wiki will suffice and the information should be kept in the form of a summary.[note 3]
- A perfect example of this would be a list of food and drinks.
- Here, reliable and reputable sources would typically refer to established parties that contribute to the development of the Destiny franchise and its community. Such an example would be destiny.bungie.org. The best example of a non-reputable/reliable source is YouTube, specifically YouTube commentators.
- This is also to ensure that the wiki complies with Wikipedia's own attribution policy.