The Frontier is possibly a faction of humanity, or the official name of the guardians. The Frontier is divided up into four known main types: Venus, Abandoned Earth, The Moon, and Mars. However, there may be more released in the future.
Venus Awaiting reports from the Vanguard.
Abandoned Earth The wilderness beyond the walls of the City are ruined and corrupted, claimed by nature and our enemies. From the war-torn fortresses of the Twilight Gap to the skyward steppes of Old Russia, evidence of our lost glory still litters the Earth, waiting to be rediscovered.
The Moon Early exploration attempts have proven too dangerous. The City has since classified Earth's Moon as a Forbidden Zone.
Rough timeline based on what we know
- Present Day - The Traveler is discovered on Mars, and the Golden Age begins.
- Few years later - Humanity begins colonizing the Solar System.
- Unknown time later - The Exo are first built for some unknown conflict.
- Several hundred years later - The Darkness sweeps over the solar system, destroying humanity's empire. This is the collapse, and the Dark Age begins.
- Unknown time later - Humans who have fled Earth become the Awoken.
- Later - The Traveler sacrifices itself to save mankind, driving back the Darkness.
- Later - The City is founded, after much conflict, starting the City Age. The first Guardians appear to defend the city against alien attack.
- 700 years later - Guardians have begun exploring the ruins of the solar system, with the ultimate goal of discovering the past and preventing the Darkness's return.—This unsigned comment was made by OmgHAX! (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
I have to ask, is there a reason for a timeline? It seems like a holdover from Halopedia (its own timeline), but so far, there hasn't been a single absolute date given for the series. The age system does provide possible entries for the template though. So under that paradigm, I'd suggest the following order:
- Pre-Golden Age (blanket term for events prior to the Traveler's arrival)
- Golden Age
- Dark Age
- City Age
- This would be a better bet than listing individual years. Given that, I don't think the Timeline template is needed.--Spartacus Talk • Contribs 19:53, 6 July 2014 (EDT)
- I don't think Bungie has ever given us a solid date via years at all, so insofar as actually dating the events goes, we're in the dark. --Dante the Ghost 16:44, 15 May 2016 (EDT)
Adding a new timeline subsection labeled "Alternate Timeline"?
Hello, i would just like to ask the community their thoughts on the addition of a new subsection to the Destinypedia Timeline for events such as the Vault of Glass 3 grimoire card which speaks of a possible end for the city.—This unsigned comment was made by Arcmind (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- The above was posted by User:Arcmind. And I think that it isn't necessary, but that's my thoughts on this matter. If I'm outvoted, then let it be so. Dante the Ghost (talk) 13:48, 31 July 2016 (EDT)
Move into the mainspace
Given this page is a timeline of events for the entire Destiny universe, I propose it be moved into the mainspace as an actual article, instead of a wiki project page. Please consider.
--Spartacus Talk • Contribs 14:18, 16 September 2016 (EDT)
- I agree with this. Dante the Ghost (talk) 14:50, 16 September 2016 (EDT)
- I would second this as well, but we have to also consider the reason it is labeled a project page; which is because it is still an ongoing thing that must be updated. However given that, I vouch for moving it to the namespace.Arcmind (talk) 18:23, 16 September 2016 (EDT)
Osiris' exile, date
The page currently states that Osiris was exiled after the Twilight Gap and cites the flavortext of this item: https://db.destinytracker.com/d1/items/4171787962-mark-of-the-exile This seems to clash with other descriptions stating that he was exiled shortly before the battle, for instance the Fall of Osiris comics: https://comics.bungie.net/en/1/fall-of-osiris & https://comics.bungie.net/en/2/fall-of-osiris.
Maybe this should be adapted on the page.