Talk:Nokris, Supplicant to Savathûn
when playing regicide on heroic and killing the taken knight and then entering the area near dark blade (without the portal) then killing the 3 wardens that spawn with one super (get them to low health) then killing the taken, heading back in the portal and going to the same area (through the portal) a large taken spawn orb appears at the end of the room.
(is this a clue??)
I doubt it. There is so little known about Nokris in D1 that I bet that is something else. Maybe Quria, Blade Transform as more is known about them that it may be possible. —This unsigned comment was made by Virgil the Ghost (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- There are two prevailing hypotheses as to the identity of Nokris.
- The first hypothesis is that Nokris was a brother of Crota, and was erased by the Vex when they invaded the Dreadnaught. This predated the creation of The World's Grave, the source of all Hive history and knowledge, and due to the Vex's mastery over time, observing The Gorgons' power, Nokris was "forgotten" by the Hive, only surviving as a statue, much like how Praedyth's gear and minor references in texts survived his erasure.
- There are two problems with this, however. The first is that the Vex are not omnipotent, and indeed the extent of their power is limited to realms they control. The High War was a confusing place, defying the Vex logic. The second is that the Hive godkings are incredibly powerful, with Oryx defeating Quria's every attempt to simulate him, Savathûn merely dismissing the Vex as "blowing up"; and when the Hive went into the Vex world, they suffered only the loss of power. As paracausal beings—"para", beside; "causal", time; literally outside of ordinary physics—Ascendant Hive refuse to obey ordinary rules, beholden only to the Sword Logic as their law. Guardians themselves are subject to the Vex's power only inside the Vault of Glass, where the Vex reign supreme; nothing suggests that Crota stumbled into the Vault, and indeed his survival ("come home glorious, or die forgotten") speaks against Nokris' erasure. Lastly, an argument from silence: Nokris was not erased by the Vex because they never touched him. Everything in the Books of Sorrow relating to the Vex stems from Crota and Savathûn, and only Crota was thrown into the Vex conflux.
- The second hypothesis rests upon three factors. Nokris was Crota's mother, betrayed Oryx, and was killed; but out of sentimentality, her statue was left alone. Crota's mother in the Books is unnamed, Oryx speaking to his son about her offhandedly, and nothing more appears about her. Stemming from the Hebrew word "Nokri" is the definition "adulteress", which is "unfaithful woman"; in the context of the Hive, Nokris betrayed Oryx, attempting to kill him and seize his power, but failed. Similarly, "Nox" was the primordial mother of the Greco-Roman deities, "Thanatos" (Death) and "Hypnos" (Sleep), with her counterpart "Erebus" (Darkness). Finally, the Crucible map Cathedral of Dusk. The flavor text suggests that it is a burial site for someone close to Oryx—logic dictates it is for Crota, but one of the possibilities is the unnamed mother of Crota as the text mentions "lover". Ultimately this last hypothesis is conjecture and rests upon shaky evidence, as the "adulteress" definition is only used a few times in the Bible, whereas the "foreigner" is overwhelming used instead.
- Ultimately Nokris is shrouded in mystery until further information is available.
Is it them?
How can we be sure that all these pictures and names are Nokris? ---Virgil the Ghost
- The official website has indicated Nokris will be the Herald of Xol. Arcmind Execute long hold for reactivation. AI-COM/ACMD SIGNOFF 15:05, 26 April 2018 (EDT)
The source I just linked to the website. You can't delete stuff Virgil without checking sources. Those facts were legit. Arcmind Execute long hold for reactivation. AI-COM/ACMD SIGNOFF 18:28, 26 April 2018 (EDT)
Is Nokris currently Taken?
I dunno, something is off about how Nokris just forsaken Xol, (presumably He left them for the Guardian, becoming the Whisper of the Worm. But Nokris also praises about his aunt, and talk some stuff about Taking and Sava-thot is gonna save us by Taking us...It sounds like Nokris might have been Taken by Savathûn, and plus why would Nokris, just go to Savathûn and not with other Hive, such as his Faction, or Xivu, or the Hidden Swarm, (however that may not be possible of him joint the Swarm, due to him being forsaken by Oryx and his spawn, including The Swarm, unless as a very desperate attempt), I dunno it just fishy if Nokris was freely given access to his Aunt’s throne world. Unless he have been Taken by her, or probably been just like his faction, whom began flocking to the Witch Queen. (Also, this Theory might sound a bit far fetched, Why I’m feeling this, is because I watched a Byf video, “That sounds like a YOU PROBLEM” type of video, of the great lore masters, having their brain cells, being fried or trolls, by people of the weird side of the Destiny Community on the internet). Joskaa, Lion Kell What's the problem? All in a day's work...well for me, (heh heh) 02:30, June 11, 2020 (EDT)
- If you haven't seen the Weblore Bungie released today featuring Nokris, it might answer some of your questions: False Idols.--ForgottenJedi (talk) 02:34, June 11, 2020 (EDT)
- Bungie (2015/9/15), Destiny: The Taken King Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: XXXVIII: The partition of death
- Bungie (2015/9/15), Destiny: The Taken King Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: XXXIX: open your eye : go into it
- Bungie (2015/9/15), Destiny: The Taken King Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: XL: An Emperor For all Outcomes
- Bungie (2014/9/9), Destiny: PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: The Gorgons
- Bungie (2015/9/15), Destiny: The Taken King Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: XLII: <>|<>|<>
- Bungie (2015/9/15), Destiny: The Taken King Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: XLIII: End of Failed Timeline
- Bungie (2015/9/15), Destiny: The Taken King Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: XLIV: strict proof eternal
- Bungie (2014/9/9), Destiny: PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: The Templar
- Bungie (2014/9/9), Destiny: PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Atheon, Time's Conflux
- Bungie (2015/9/15), Destiny: The Taken King Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: XXXVI: Eater of Hope
- Bungie (2015/9/15), Destiny: The Taken King Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Cathedral of Dusk