From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
I was under the impression that Rixis was its name. This is craZboy557, signing off. 07:51, 12 June 2013 (EDT)
- Agreed. Rixis appears to be a Fallen boss or mini-boss previously referred to as an "Archon", before that title was edited out of existence on the page. (...and referred to as an "Archon Slayer" in the E3 Demo) - DJenser (talk) 11:41, 12 June 2013 (EDT)
- So, unless anyone disagrees, I guess we should redirect? This is craZboy557, signing off. 13:26, 12 June 2013 (EDT)
- I agree. The name above the health bar shows "Rixis, Archon Slayer", so I had assumed "Rixis" was the individual's name and "Archon Slayer" was its rank/type. We should move it, really, or we could create a page for "Archon Slayer" and keep this page for the individual. --TentacleTordo 17:49, 12 June 2013 (EDT)
- I think that Archon Slayer isn't a formal rank. I can't think of any examples off the top of my head-wait-I-just-thought-of-one. The Red Baron. Not an official title, but a nickname gained because of their achievements in battle. This is craZboy557, signing off. 17:55, 12 June 2013 (EDT)
- Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen, was called the "Red Baron" due to his title, "Freiherr" (or "Free Lord") which is considered analogous to to that of "baron", combined with the distinctive scarlet coloring of his aircraft (which included, but was not limited to, his famous Fokker triplane). CraZboy557 is correct in that it wasn't a hereditary title. It was actually bestowed upon the family by the Prussian king, Frederick the Great in 1740 when he annexed Poland. Technically this means that all male members of the Richthofen family could use the title of "Freiherr" in their names (which most apparently did). The meaning of Rixis' title is another textbook example of this situation, because Bungie simply hasn't released enough data for us to determine whether it's a rank/class designation (like Dreg, Vandal, or Captain), or a nickname given by his fellow Fallen. For all we know, "Archon" could have been some sort of elite class of human warrior of which Rixis was renowned for having slain a great many. In fact, for all we know, this title, in its current form, may not even make it into the final release of the game. - DJenser (talk) 10:52, 13 June 2013 (EDT)
- ...Never said anything about it being hereditary.... but whatever, not too important. But it sounds like you agree with me that this is a Fallen named Rixis who people call Archon Slayer for slaying large ammounts of Archons?