|Forums: Index → General Discussion → Vehicle ideas?|
Hello Destinypedians, I had an idea to make this discussion about the currently known vehicles, and possible ideas you guys have. Anyway, here is my list.
- -Pike: Well, as stated by IGN, this looks like Destinies version of the Ghost, but based on the Concept art, it appears to go much faster. At least, to me it looks like it's going faster. Besides the obvious speed factor to it, it has two machine guns and some kind of cannon, or heavy machine gun.
- -Spider Tank: Probably not it's real name, but the spider tank makes me think of the Scorpion tank with legs. Although, the Spider tank looks bigger, and it's cannon is bigger. Just based on the image, I think of a UNSC version of the Scarab, but seeing as this is a different universe, I'm not sure the analogy works here. Looks cool though...
- -Space ships: No names, and I'm not going to bother to get an image, but anyone who's seen the newest Bungie vidoc will know what I'm talking about. The bigger one looks almost like a elongated Longsword, while the smaller ones look like the F-99 Wombat drones. Can't really give an opinion on them, but they look cool anyway.
- -Unknown large wheeled vehicle: Looks like the Mammoth, just from the image, but not much else to discern.
Vehicle Ideas: I assume that there will be a human Jeep, Tank, and other human vehicles, very much like the UNSC in Halo. As for alien vehicles, other then the Spider Tank and the giant unknown wheeled vehicle, don't know much. I'm hoping for a alien walker of some kind(besides the Spider Tank), along with possible alien tanks, the usually vehicle set. Anyway, I want to hear what you guys think. Siphon117 (talk) 01:16, 25 February 2013 (EST)
Are we allowed to speculate, or do wishlists? If so, I just had an idea for an air vehicle. I think may people will agree with me that a big balance issue with arial vehicles is that if they want to stay out of range, they can stay out of range. So I started thinking about ways to make and arial vehicle that would circumvent that, while also sorta thinking about mechs. What came into mind was a sort of giant jump pack. It would have some cannon stuffs on it, and you would launch into the air via pulling LT, sorta like boosting with a ghost, and with the same sort of limited time. With the limited time, you'd be forced to come down after a while, and because it's basically a giant jetpack the pilot would be exposed. Always use the DMR. This is craZboy557, signing off. 18:06, 25 February 2013 (EST)
I Don't see why we can't speculate, we did it before Halo 4 came out. Neat idea for an air vehicle, would be really cool. Obviously, the armament of it would be fairly limited, but if armed with a homing rocket launcher of some kind, it would be very powerful. Anything else? I think a type of exoskeleton like a VS from Lost planet would be cool to have, and you could possibly customize one to your liking. Siphon117 (talk) 18:53, 25 February 2013 (EST)
Some sort of APC is always cool. I'm thinking like an Elepphant or mammoth, not focused on attacking by itself but more like letting you bring fortifications right up to the enemies. As a more general statement, I think a good call is not just vehicles that fill different roles, but of varying qualities too. Some might argue that my jetpack idea would be outclassed by whatever the new banshee is, and thus not have a place in the sandox as it would be useless in an area with the banshee. But it WOULD be good in areas without the banshee. And it just makes since that in a realistic world you wouldn't have that better thing all the time. And in competitive multiplayer it just lets there be more options for maps, which is just always a good idea. Always use the DMR. This is craZboy557, signing off. 21:01, 25 February 2013 (EST)
That'd be pretty cool. I loved the Elephant in Halo 3, and found the Mammoth to just be so massive, that it made it epic. Plus a mini-mac is always a eye opener. Also, good point on the jet pack thing...lets call it a hover pack, or something. While in a fight against any form of the Banshee in this universe, it would probably lose, but against ground units it would be devastating. Similar to how the A-10 Thunderbolt does in real life. Worthless against air units, but is like a grim reaper against ground units. We could possibly have a mix between your jetpack idea and my VS idea, that would be awesome. Their might even be a Pelican equivalent. Siphon117 (talk) 22:24, 25 February 2013 (EST)
- A sci-fi without a dropship "is like a strapping roughneck without a toothpick. That is , HES A PRETTY PISS POOR EXCUSE FOR A ROUGHNECK IF YOU ASK ME." Always use the DMR. This is craZboy557, signing off. 06:15, 26 February 2013 (EST)
Very true. Although, I hope any form of dropship in destiny is actually DRIVABLE like the Pelican is in Halo 4. Just, much more useful than that one. Can't think of much else in the way of vehicles at the moment, but I can't wait till E3. Siphon117 (talk) 18:48, 26 February 2013 (EST)
- Is the VS the mech? if so, how would that work? Wouldn't it then just be a mech with a jetpack?Always use the DMR. This is craZboy557, signing off. 09:36, 3 March 2013 (EST)
Yes, the VS's in Lost Planet, but VS is only a general term for the wide variety of mechs in game. The VS I would want like to have would be the Cakti, which can transform from a tank with a large cannon and drills to a walker with a cannon (with half of the barrel folded up) and a repeating plasma like cannon. It can also hover, and of course, drill through walls with the drills on it. Although, if Destiny is anything like WOW, than vehicles would most likely be for transport only. Who knows. Siphon117 (talk) 19:22, 5 March 2013 (EST)
I'm not much of a vehicle guy, but I think it would be a loss for the sandbox if they weren't included. Always use the DMR. This is craZboy557, signing off. 20:06, 5 March 2013 (EST)
- Oh hey! Look what I found: http://cghub.com/images/view/444983/
- Oh hey! Look what I found: http://cghub.com/images/view/444983/
- Nice find, looks pretty cool. Is it related to Destiny? It looks like it could belong in Destiny. Siphon117 (talk) 20:51, 12 March 2013 (EDT)
- Pretty cool. I was kinda hoping for something that we'd use on mission though. With those you can imagine how awesome it would be to use one. Still, nice find. Always use the DMR. This is craZboy557, signing off. 13:45, 14 March 2013 (EDT)
- I really hope that Destiny has something similar to the mantis from Halo, with 2 machine guns instead of rockets. I also hope that Bungie will include something similar to the ghost in that ramming is the main mode of attack. Just some food for thought. Let me know what you think...
You Were Assassinated ByJHWRAITHSHOT Always Use The BR.
Eh, mechs are kinda cliche. If they add one, I hope they don't make it be like invincible. The one advantage that mechs would have over conventional vehicles is that it could go over rougher terrain, and that's not much. Maybe they could have it be really manuverable? Like be able to jump, and dodge around really well. I think that kinda makes more sense as to how a mech would really be implemented. Always use the DMR. This is craZboy557, signing off. 09:15, 22 March 2013 (EDT)