From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
Moderators use their discretion when applying these rules, and understanding of the rules depends on moderator conception of the rules, and particular exceptions may be granted by specific moderator approval. These rules and regulations, however, should be followed strictly by users. Any breach of these rules and regulations may lead to punishment by a moderator.
Upon accessing the server, it is expected that all users have reviewed the rules and understand the consequences for breaking them.
Users are required to use their wiki username or a variation thereof. Anyone attempting to impersonate another will be immediately kicked and if they continue, will be subsequently banned. This rule will not apply to users without a wiki account.
The only bots allowed on the server will be those controlled or approved by administrators. Any unapproved bot on the channel will be immediately banned and depending on the circumstance, the user may be punished.
- Personal attacks/Harassment will not be tolerated.
- This means racism, homophobia, sexism, sexual harassment, and etc.
- Profanity is allowed, so long as it is not excessive nor directed at any user.
- Sexual content, such as pornography, innuendos, and etc. are not permitted at all.
- Roleplaying on the channel is allowed, so long as it does not become excessive and is stopped when requested.
- Violation of personal privacy is not permitted. This includes revealing personal information about users (e.g. real name, location, age, gender, etc) and violating confidentiality on particular issues (such as issues asked to be kept confidential by other users or administrators).
- Linking to external sources, such as websites, which violate the aforementioned rules, is also not permitted. Notably, publicly linking to websites such as Facebook or MySpace that violate personal privacy, is not permitted without prior consent from the user whose privacy will be violated.
- Posting invite links to other Discord servers is not permitted.
- Trolling or general irritation or disruption of other users is not permitted. This often includes, but is not limited to; excessive usage of capital letters, punctuation marks, and deliberate or in-deliberate distortions of the English language (such as "133t speak").
- Spamming is considered the posting of unneeded, repetitive, or meaningless links, images, comments, or anything else. Spam may take up one or more lines; it is at the discretion of the moderator or administrator to deem what is spam.
- Language - Individuals are expected to use English while talking on the channel. Any other language being used is not permitted.
- Controversial topics, like politics, religion, illegal activities, and etc., should not be discussed
- Discord =/= wiki: An individuals' actions on the wiki do not affect the individuals' rights/status in the server, and vice versa.
Moderators have a wide discretion relating to the issuing of warnings and bans which infringe on this rule. The content of messages will greatly impact on the severity of the punishment. In certain particular cases, there may be exceptions.
Typically, the following hierarchy will apply to infringements on the above regulations (with the exception of specifically implied consequences).
- First offense: Warning
- Second offense: Kick
- Third offense: One day ban
Further offenses will result in an extended ban, at the discretion of the mod administering the ban. Pending on the severity of the offense steps in the hierarchy may be skipped, or a lifetime ban might be placed.