From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
|This page is an official Destinypedia policy.|
|Policies of Destinypedia|
|Canon • Notability • Spoilers|
|Blocking • Check User • Personal Images |
Signature • Voting
Bots • Copyright • Deleting • Images
Protected Page • What Destinypedia is not
Code of Conduct
|Manual of Style • Layout Guide • Citation Policy|
Dealing with Vandalism • E.C.V
Generally articles may be immediately deleted when they are either
- Pages created just to vandalize or disrupt
- Patent nonsense (total gibberish)
- Unused duplicate images
In other cases, there are more things to consider.
Deciding whether to delete
- Whether a "rough consensus" has been achieved
- Use common sense and respect the judgment and feelings of Wiki participants.
- When in doubt, don't delete.
On deleting pages
Here are some guidelines sysops should follow in making the decision to delete a page or not.
- When deleting a page, one may or may not want to delete its talk page or any subpages as well. If the talk page is not deleted, put a link to the deletion discussion thread on the talk page.
- Simply deleting a page does not automatically delete its talk page. If you delete these as well, do that first, and then the main page.
- When filling in the "Reason for deletion" text, ensure that the following is not included:
- Any copyright infringing text
- Personal information, e.g. content was: 'John Doe smells bad and his home phone # is (481) 555-2416
- Don't delete pages unless you know how to undelete as well.
- Redirects to deleted pages should be deleted or redirected elsewhere to avoid broken redirects.
- If an article title needs to be deleted, but some of the content could be used in a different (existing) article, proceed as follows: move the article from really silly article title to a better title, in order to preserve the history. Next, copy the content to the existing article, with an edit comment like (moved content from really silly article title - see the page history of better title for author attribution). The really silly article title will then be a redirect with no page history which can be deleted. better title would then be changed to redirect to existing article.
Things to remember
- Articles & other pages can be undeleted, however once images are deleted, they are completely lost, including all past versions. Please take this into consideration when thinking about deleting an image.
- Excessive and/or unjustified deleting can result in loss of sysop powers.