- "Warlocks have long studied the Traveler, mastering some of its arcane energies. Its true purpose remains a great mystery, but discovering truth has always driven you into the unknown. Now, our enemies are the only thing that stands between you and the lost wonders of our Golden Age."
- —Class description
Warlocks were the first to tap the power of the Traveler, wielding its light as they ventured beyond the safety of the Shield. They know each discovery offers new possibilities.
All Guardians have certain abilities, some of which are granted by the Traveler, others which may appear more mundane in nature. All Guardians have a "grenade-type" ability whose effects vary by class.. These abilities can be upgraded over time and can be used in competitive multiplayer.
The Warlock has four confirmed special abilities:
- Solar Flare: Conjure the power of the sun and release it like a grenade. This has since been shown in the various E3 Gameplay demos to be an actual grenade..
- Nova Bomb: Channel some of the Traveler’s mysterious forces and unleash them in an explosive, large area-of-effect attack. When used, the user jumps and releases a large purplish blast from one of their hands.
- Glide: Summon the forces around you to increase and sustain elevation after jumping. This is the Warlock's double-jump ability.
- Radiance: Unleash a barrage of arcane energy on numerous targets simultaneously, dealing damage to all foes in the immediate area.
Additional Warlock abilities have been hinted at, both in concept art (such as shields and flame generation), and in interviews (such as team rez and buff abilities).
A Warlock (left) in The Law Of The Jungle live action trailer.
Screenshot of the Warlock's Solar Flare grenade ability.
Concept art of a Warlock using an unknown flamelike ability to incinerate a group of Hive.
A Warlock fighting on the Moon.
List of appearances
- ^ Destiny.bungie.org, Transcript of the official English version of the cards
- ^ a b c Bungie.net, Building the Destiny E3 Reveal
- ^ MMORPG.com, Interview with Eric Osborne
- ^ Bungie.net, The Mail Sack of Your Dreams
- ^ a b c d Destiny Players, Warlock controls
- ^ IGN - Destiny Behind Closed Doors Demo - E3 2013
- ^ Destiny ViDoc 2:, Out Here In The Wild
- ^ IGN, Bungie co-founder Destiny creator on Halo's greatest tragedy