- "Warlocks have long studied the Traveler, mastering some of its arcane energies. Its true purpose remains a great mystery, but discovering truth has always driven you into the unknown. Now, our enemies are the only thing that stands between you and the lost wonders of our Golden Age."
- —Class description
Warlocks were the first to tap the power of the Traveler, wielding its light as they ventured beyond the safety of the Shield. They know each discovery offers new possibilities, and they have devoted themselves to understanding the Traveler and its power. A Warlock mind is an arsenal of deadly secrets, balanced between godhood and madness. On the battlefield, those secrets can shatter reality itself.
All Guardians have certain abilities, some of which are granted by the Traveler, others which may appear more mundane in nature. All Guardians have a double jump ability and a "grenade-type" ability whose effects vary by class. All these abilities with the exception of the double jump can be upgraded over time and can be used in competitive PvP.
- Void Walker - "Those who have stared into the void are not bound by the laws of space and time." A heavy-damage class with an emphasis on recovery and Void Light attacks.
- Super - Nova Bomb: Channel some of the Traveler’s mysterious forces and unleash them in an explosive, large area-of-effect attack. When used, the user jumps and releases a large Void Light blast from one of their hands.
- Grenades - Vortex Grenade, Scatter Grenade, Axion Bolt
- Melee - Energy Drain
- Jump - Glide
- Firesinger - A support-focused class for buffing teammates. Unlocked at level 15.
- Solar Flare: Conjure the power of the sun and release it like a grenade. This has since been shown in the various E3 Gameplay demos to be an actual grenade..
Additional Warlock abilities have been hinted at, both in concept art (such as shields and flame generation), and in interviews (such as team rez and buff abilities).
The visual design for Warlocks was drawn from a range of sources, including wizards and World War I soldiers.
A Warlock (left) in The Law Of The Jungle live action trailer.
Screenshot of the Warlock's Solar Flare grenade ability.
Concept art of a Warlock using an unknown flamelike ability to incinerate a group of Hive.
A Warlock fighting on the Moon.
List of appearances
- ^ a b Polygon: Bungie outlines ambitions for Destiny's extensive character customization
- ^ Destiny.bungie.org, Transcript of the official English version of the cards
- ^ Bungie (2014-6-12), Destiny: Alpha PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Warlock
- ^ [http://www.destructoid.com/destiny-s-combat-is-solid-but-i-m-not-so-sure-about-the-rest-of-it-273692.phtml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter Destructoid: Destiny's Combat is Solid, But I'm Not So Sure About the Rest of it.
- ^ a b c Destiny Players: Warlock controls
- ^ MMORPG: Delving Into Bungie's Vision
- ^ Bungie.net: The Mail Sack of Your Dreams
- ^ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ^ Destiny ViDoc 2:, Out Here In The Wild
- ^ IGN - Destiny Behind Closed Doors Demo - E3 2013
- ^ IGN, Bungie co-founder Destiny creator on Halo's greatest tragedy