Bounties are a feature in Destiny. They are based on the completion of certain tasks. Reputation may be gained with the Vanguard or Crucible by completing certain Bounties, unless the player is wearing a class item belonging to a Faction, in which case reputation goes to that Faction. Bounties are very worthwhile to purchase, as they can be completed with normal gameplay and yield experience bonuses upon completion.
Bounties are obtained from the Bounty Tracker in the Tower; Bounties that have been completed are returned to him for a reward. Players can acquire up to five Bounties of any type. Crucible Bounties can be completed in the Crucible, including in the Iron Banner tournament, whereas Iron Banner Bounties can only be completed in the Iron Banner tournament. Vanguard Bounties, depending on the requirements, can be completed in Explore, Story Missions, or Strikes. Reef Bounties, depending on the requirements, can be completed anywhere.
A player must be Level 4 before embarking on Bounties.
Occasionally, Xander 99-40 will have a Bounty Lead for players. The Postmaster will alert the player that Xander has a new lead, and then the player picks up that Bounty from Xander. This typically happens after the player has unlocked a new area/Strike.
- 1 List of Bounties
- 2 Exotic Weapon Bounties
- 3 References
List of Bounties
- All for One—complete five Skirmish Matches.
- Ash and Dust—defeat fifteen Guardians with a Rocket Launcher.
- Back Scratcher—earn fifty Assists in the Crucible.
- Broken Scholar—defeat twenty-five Warlocks in the Crucible.
- Death or Glory—complete five Clash Matches.
- Dominion—complete five Control Matches.
- Electrocutioner—earn ten Fusion Rifle Sprees in the Crucible.
- First Blood—earn three First Blood medals.
- Forged in Fire—win three Crucible Matches.
- Gunslinger—kill three enemies with headshots in one life (Pistol only). The Dead Man's Hand medal will pop up when done correctly. There is no Gunslinger medal.
- Headhunter—defeat fifty Guardians with headshots.
- In the Zone—capture ten Zones in Control.
- Light the Way—defeat fifteen Guardians using a Super.
- Longshot—defeat fifteen Guardians with headshots using a Sniper Rifle.
- Never See You Coming—defeat ten Guardians from behind.
- No Riding Zone—defeat ten Guardians on Vehicles.
- Party's Over—earn five Enforcer medals.
- Pull the Pin—defeat twenty Guardians with Grenades.
- Reclamation—complete five Salvage Matches.
- Relic Hunter—participate in ten Salvage Zone captures.
- Revengeance—earn five Postmortem medals.
- Shake the Pillars—defeat twenty-five Titans in the Crucible.
- Stay Golden—complete five Rumble Matches.
- Stopping Power—earn ten Buckshot Bruiser medals.
- Target Practice—earn ten Gunslinger medals.
- That's How I Roll—earn five Multikill medals.
- The Undying—earn a Mark of the Unbroken medal.
- Throw Down—defeat twenty Guardians with your melee attack.
Iron Banner Bounties
- A Challenged Claim—disable three Salvage Probes while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.
- Anvil of Light—defeat fifty Guardians while competing in the Iron Banner, with the Iron Banner Class, Emblem and Shader items equipped.
- Exacting Measures—earn five Headshot Sprees while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.
- Focused Aggression—defeat twenty Guardians with Auto rifle headshots while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.
- Hard Forged—earn 10000 XP while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.
- Heavy Metal—earn fifteen Machine Gun Sprees while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.
- Iron Embrace—defeat ten Guardians with a close quarters melee attack while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.
- Iron Wrath—defeat ten Guardians without dying while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.
- Of Iron Made—win three Iron Banner matches with the Iron Banner Class, Emblem and Shader items equipped.
- Rise Above—complete an Iron Banner match with the highest score.
- Salvaged Hope—participate in the capture of fifteen Salvage zones while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.
- The Chaos and the Calm—defeat ten Guardians with Machine Gun headshots while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.
- Archon Slayer—defeat Riksis, the Devil Archon, in the Cosmodrome on Earth.
- By Thy Hand—defeat twenty Guardians with Hand Cannon headshots.
- Extermination Protocol—defeat two hundred Fallen with headshots.
- Face Your Fears—defeat three Fallen Walkers
- For Her Honor—win three Crucible Matches with the Queen's Class, Emblem and Shader items equipped.
- Her Willful Gaze—defeat twenty Guardians with Scout Rifle headshots.
- Last Days of Winter—defeat Draksis, Winter Kell, in the Scourge of Winter on Venus.
- No Parley—defeat ten Fallen Majors.
- Off With Their Heads—defeat fifteen Guardians with Sniper Rifle headshots.
- Prime Target—defeat Sepiks Prime, deep within the Cosmodrome on Earth.
- Relic Harvest—Fallen—collect two hundred Ether Drops from Fallen Enemies on any planet.
- Warrior of the Reef—defeat fifty Guardians with the Queen's Class, Emblem and Shader items equipped.
- Battle Scars—earn 20000 Experience in mission activities at Tier 3 difficulty.
- Body Dropper—kill one hundred enemies without dying.
- Bounty: Cabal Command—kill ten Cabal Majors or Ultras.
- Bounty: Exalted Hive—kill ten Hive Majors or Ultras.
- Bounty: Fallen Leaders—kill ten Fallen Majors or Ultras.
- Bounty: Vex Minds—kill ten Vex Majors or Ultras.
- Cleansing Light—kill three or more enemies with a single Super use, twenty times.
- Exalted Hive—kill ten Hive Majors or Ultras.
- Explore Cosmodrome—complete six missions for the Tower while exploring Cosmodrome.
- Explore Mars—complete six missions for the Tower while exploring Mars.
- Explore the Moon—complete six missions for the Tower while exploring the Moon.
- Explore Venus—complete six missions for the Tower while exploring Venus.
- It's All in the Head—kill one hundred enemies with precision damage.
- Knuckleduster—Melee Kill thirty enemies without dying.
- One For All—achieve Gold Tier Rating in Public Events.
- Overcharge—kill two enemies at once with a Fusion Rifle, twenty times.
- Predator and Prey—kill twenty enemies without taking damage from them.
- Relic Harvest—Cosmodrome—collect two hundred Sensor Mites in Cosmodrome.
- Relic Harvest—Mars—collect two hundred Olympus Tears on Mars.
- Relic Harvest—Moon—collect two hundred Impact Shards on the Moon.
- Relic Harvest—Venus—collect two hundred Pumice Threads on Venus.
- Target: Aksor, Archon Priest—defeat Aksor, Archon Priest in the "Winter's Run" Strike on Venus.
- Target: Banuk, Ur Prince—defeat Banuk, Ur Prince in the "Sword of Crota" mission on the Moon at Tier 2 or Tier 3 Difficulty.
- Target: Bracus Tha'aurn—defeat Bracus Tha'aurn in the "Buried City" mission on Mars at Tier 2 or Tier 3 Difficulty.
- Target: Corrective Mind—defeat the Corrective Mind in the "Ishtar Collective" mission on Venus at Tier 2 or Tier 3 Difficulty.
- Target: Divisive Mind—defeat the Divisive Mind in the "Black Garden" mission on Mars at Tier 2 or Tier 3 Difficulty.
- Target: Frigoris, Exiled Baron—defeat Frigoris, Exiled Baron in the "Shrine of Oryx" mission on Moon at Tier 2 or Tier 3 Difficulty.
- Target: Grayliks, Winter Baron—defeat Grayliks, Winter Baron in the "Archive" mission on Venus at Tier 2 or Tier 3 Difficulty.
- Target: Merok, Eir Prince—defeat Merok, Eir Prince in the "Sword of Crota" mission on Moon at Tier 2 or Tier 3 Difficulty.
- Target: Phogoth—defeat Phogoth, the Untamed in "The Summoning Pits" Strike on the Moon.
- Target: Prohibitive Mind—defeat the Prohibitive Mind in "A Rising Tide" mission on Mars at Tier 2 or Tier 3 Difficulty.
- Target: Sardok, Eye of Oryx—defeat Sardok, Eye of Oryx in the "Shrine of Oryx" mission on the Moon at Tier 2 or Tier 3 Difficulty.
- Target: Sekrion—defeat Nexus Mind Sekrion in the "Nexus" Strike on Venus.
- Target: Sepiks Prime—defeat Sepiks Prime in "The Devils' Lair" Strike on Earth.
- Target: Simiks-3—defeat Simiks-3 in the "Archive" mission on Venus at Tier 2 or Tier 3 Difficulty.
- Target: Telthor, Unborn—defeat Telthor, Unborn in the "Chamber of Night" mission on the Moon at Tier 2 or Tier 3 Difficulty.
- Target: Valus Ta'aurc—defeat Valus Ta`aurc in the "Cerberus Vae III" Strike on Mars.
- Target: Zydron, Gate Lord—defeat Zydron, Gate Lord in the "Eye of a Gate Lord" mission on Venus at Tier 2 or Tier 3 Difficulty.
- The Bigger They Are—complete any Strike at Tier 2 Difficulty.
- The Harder They Fall—complete any Strike at Tier 3 Difficulty.
- Unstoppable—earn 9000 Experience without dying.
- Walking Tall—complete any Strike without dying.
- Wanted: Drevis, Wolf Baroness—hunt Drevis, Wolf Baroness near the Cosmodrome's Forgotten Shore.
- Wanted: Beltrik, the Veiled—hunt Beltrik, the Veiled in Ember Caves on Venus.
- Wanted: Mecher Orbiks-11—hunt Mecher Orbiks-11 near the Ishtar Cliffs on Venus.
- Wanted: Wolf Scavengers—hunt the Wolf Scavengers in the Halls of Wisdom on the Moon.
- Wanted: Queenbreaker Vandals—hunt the Wanted Queenbreaker Vandals in the Cinders on Venus.
- Wanted: Howling Raiders—hunt the Howling Raiders in the Hall of Whispers on Venus
- Wanted: Pirsis, Pallas-Bane—hunt Pirsis, Pallas-Bane in the Divide on Earth
- Wanted: Kaliks-12—hunt Kaliks-12 at the Skywatch on Earth
- Wanted: Grayor, Wolf Assassin—hunt Grayor, Wolf Assassin in the Mothyards on Earth
- Wanted: Saviks, Queenbreaker—hunt Saviks, Queenbreaker at the Anchor of Light on the Moon
- Wanted: Weksis The Meek—hunt Weksis, the Meek in Archer's Line on the Moon
- Wanted: Veliniks, The Ravenous—hunt the Veliniks, the Ravenous in Hellmouth on the Moon
- Wanted: Peekis The Disavowed—hunt Peekis, the Disavowed in the Citadel on Venus
- Wanted: Wolf Enforcer—hunt Wolf Enforcer in the Blast on Earth
- Wanted: Queenbreaker Captain—hunt the Queenbreaker Captain in Dock 13 on Earth
- Wanted: Tracer Shanks—hunt the Tracer Shanks in the Breach on Earth
- Wanted: Skoriks, The Archon Slayer—hunt Skoriks, Archon-Slayer in the Circle of Bones on the Moon.
- Wanted: Twisted Claws—hunt the Twisted Claws in the World's Grave on the Moon.
- Wanted: Wolves’ Guard—hunt the Wolves' Guard in Campus 9 on Venus
- Wanted: Ether Runner—hunt the Ether Runner at the Endless Steps on Venus
- Wanted: Repeater Shanks—hunt the Repeater Shanks in the N/GEN Branch on Venus
- Wanted: Wolf High Servitor—hunt the Wolf High Servitor at the Temple of Crota on the Moon
Exotic Weapon Bounties
- This article is a stub. You can help Destinypedia by .
These bounties are acquired from the Bounty Tracker in the form of new Bounty Leads (except for The Elder Cipher). They appear to be randomly triggered when completing a bounty, and each bounty has multiple phases for completion. The information below is incomplete, as some of them are not in the Bradley Games guide and were put together from datamined information.
A Light in the Dark
Objective: Find one of the Weapons of Sorrow.
Description: The Weapons of Sorrow were born from forbidden use of the Hive's dark power. We thought them eradicated. But recent developments suggest one of these weapons may still exist in the Hive's Summoning Pits.
Reward: Thorn (Hand Cannon)
- Complete "The Summoning Pits" Strike on the Moon to get Depleted Hand Cannon.
- Kill five hundred Hive on the Moon to gain a new Depleted Hand Cannon.
- Use Void-damage to defeat Guardians in the Crucible (death will slow progress) to get the Corrupted Hand Cannon.
- Bring the Corrupted Hand Cannon to the Speaker to get a new Corrupted Hand Cannon
- Buy an Infusion of Light from the Speaker for one Mote of Light, which will be immediately used to give you yet another Corrupted Hand Cannon.
- Bring the Corrupted Hand Cannon to Ikora Rey to get Corrupted Thorn.
- A Level 26 variant of The Summoning Pits will appear in the Director; start it and kill minions of Phogoth (without killing Phogoth himself) until Xyor, the Unwed appears.
- Kill Xyor, the Unwed to get Thorn.
Shattered Memory Fragment
Objective: Track down Fireteam Tuyet's last stand.
Description: One of our Venus patrols found a memory fragment on the remains of a destroyed Vex. This fragment concerns the final mission of Fireteam Tuyet, lost long ago on Venus' Shattered Coast. Perhaps on of their Ghosts can be recovered.
Reward: Pocket Infinity (Fusion Rifle)
- Obtain a Damaged Ghost from Venus' Shattered Coast (located near the entrance to the Academy).
- Kill a Vex Gate Lord in a heroic story mission to obtain Restored Ghost.
- Bring the Ghost to the Speaker to obtain Fusion Rifle Schematics.
- Bring the schematics to the gunsmith to obtain Depleted Exotic Weapon Core.
- Dismantle ten Rare or higher quality Fusion Rifles to obtain Charged Exotic Weapon Core.
- Bring the core to the gunsmith to obtain Unstable Prototype Fusion Rifle Frame.
- Kill two hundred enemies in Mythic activities (e.g., Weekly Nightfall Strike) to obtain Stabilized Prototype.
- Bring the prototype to the gunsmith to finally obtain Pocket Infinity.
A Dubious Task
Objective: Talk to Ikora Rey.
Description: The Warlock Vanguard, Ikora Rey, left a posting here—signed, handwritten, and asking for you.
Reward: Invective (Shotgun)
- Talk to Ikora Rey to obtain A request from Ikora Rey Part I.
- Complete a total of five Strikes without dying to obtain A request from Ikora Rey—Completed .
- Return to Ikora Rey to obtain A request from Ikora Rey Part II.
- Earn a Kills/Death spread of twenty-five (cumulative, not in a single match) in the Crucible to obtain A request from Ikora Rey II - Completed.
- Return to Ikora Rey to obtain A request from Ikora Rey Part III.
- Complete a weekly challenge mission to obtain A Clot of Darkness.
- Return to Ikora Rey to obtain Invective [Uncharged].
- Purchase an Invective component from the Gunsmith for fifty Special Weapon Ammo packs to obtain Invective [Charged].
- Return to Ikora Rey to finally obtain Invective.
Reward: Bad Juju (Pulse Rifle)
- Complete a Weekly Heroic or Nightfall Strike to obtain Toland's Journal [Fragmented].
- Bring the journal to Ikora Rey to obtain Toland's Journal [Fragmented].
- Complete twenty-five additional Strikes to obtain Toland's Journal [Encrypted].
- Bring the journal to Ikora Rey to obtain Toland's Journal [Decrypted].
- Bring the journal to the gunsmith to obtain Black Market Coupon.
- Bring the coupon to Xûr, Agent of the Nine to obtain Darkness-Infused Weapon Frame.
- Bring the weapon frame to the gunsmith to obtain Darkness-infused Pulse Rifle.
- Defeat Guardians in the Crucible to obtain Sated Pulse Rifle. 5000 points are required; Hunters and Titans are worth twenty-five points, while Warlocks are worth seventy-five points.
- Return the weapon to the Gunsmith to finally obtain Bad Juju.
A Voice in the Wilderness
Description: A Hunter returning from Mars claims to have heard a voice coming from a sealed cache.
Reward: Super Good Advice (Machine Gun)
- Find a A Mournful Gun by opening loot caches on Mars.
- Buy an ammunition module from Xûr for one Strange Coin to obtain A Recalcitrant Gun.
- Bring the frame to the gunsmith to obtain A Pleased Machine Gun Frame.
- Kill five hundred enemies with Machine Guns to obtain An Enthusiastic Gun.
- Bring the frame to the gunsmith to obtain Super Good Advice.
The Elder Cipher
Objective: Take the Elder Cipher to Variks in the Reef.
- Obtain The Elder Cipher bounty by killing Prison of Elders challenge bosses (level 34 and 35 only).
- Take the Elder Cipher to Variks, the Loyal.
- Acquire the Queen's Cipher from the Queen's Chest in a Prison of Elders challenge (level 32, 34, and 35; requires a Treasure Key).
- Give the Queen's Cipher to Variks.
- Wait while Variks repairs the Elder Cipher (several hours of real time).
- Return to Variks to receive the Elder Cipher.
- Charge the Elder Cipher by killing bosses in the Prison of Elders. Acquire 1,000 points; level 28 bosses earn 75 points, level 32 bosses earn 250 points, level 34 bosses earn 350 points.
- Return to Variks to choose one of three weapons as a reward.
An Unknown Patron
Note: The existence and details of this bounty are currently unconfirmed.
Reward: Fate of All Fools (Scout Rifle)
- Win five Crucible matches to obtain An Invitation.
- Bring the invitation to the Bounty Tracker to obtain The First Test.
- Perform feats of skill in the Crucible to obtain The First Test - Completed.
- Return to the Bounty Tracker to obtain The Second Test.
- Trade Motes of Light for Osiris Coins. Use the coins to compete in the Trials of Osiris. If you lose three times you will need to use another coin. Earn ten wins on a single coin, or twenty-five wins total in the Trials of Osiris to obtain The Second Test—Completed.
- Return to the Bounty Tracker to obtain The Third Test.
- Perform kills, headshots, and killing sprees with any Scout Rifle in the Crucible to obtain The Third Test—Completed.
- Return to the Bounty Tracker to finally obtain Fate of All Fools.
- ^ Bungie (2014-6-12), Destiny: Alpha PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard.
- ^ IGN - DESTINY'S FIRST PATCH TWEAKS CLASSES, WEAPONS AND MORE
- ^ Youtube: Destiny Companion App Walkthrough
- ^ DestinyDB: Bounties
- ^ Bungie (2014-17-17), Destiny: Beta PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard.