- "What does it mean to be a Titan? As a Titan, you are a part of the City - in a way no Warlock or Hunter could understand. The dream of the City rests upon our shoulders."
- —Commander Zavala
The Titan is a class of Guardian.
- "Strive for honor. Stand for hope."
- —Grimoire description
They are equipped with suits of powered armor that boost their strength and endurance. Titans utilize their strength and skill with firearms to kill their enemies.
Titans have long honed the power of the Traveler, passing these skills to each new generation of warrior. Their strength gave birth to the City, and they have taken a blood oath to ensure it will always stand strong. The Wall surrounding the City was built by the first Titans, who also perished defending it. Steadfast and sure, Titans face any challenge head-on, serving as living, blunt force instruments of the Traveler’s will.
- "The first Titans built the Wall, and gave their lives to defend it. Now, you stand in the same high place, steadfast and sure, protecting all who shelter in your shadow. You hail from a long line of heroes, forged from strength and sacrifice. Our enemies may be deadly and merciless, but so are you."
- —Class Description
All Guardians have certain abilities, some of which are granted by the Traveler. All Guardians have a vertical movement ability and a "grenade-type" ability whose effects vary by class. All these abilities with the exception of the double jump can be upgraded over time and can be used in competitive PvP.
- Striker—"At close quarters a fist is better than any gun." A good heavy combat class for crowd control, with a heavy emphasis on armor and Arc Light attacks.
- Defender—"The wall against which the Darkness breaks." A defensive class for shielding allies. Unlocked at level 15.
- Super—Ward of Dawn: The Titan casts a large shield of Void Light around itself. Guardians who enter the shield receive a temporary boost to defense when they wander outside it.
- Grenades—Magnetic Grenade, Spike Grenade and Suppressor Grenade
- Melee—Disintegrate: Another powerful melee attack, which upon killing an enemy, creates a Force Barrier around you, absorbing incoming damage.
- Sunbreaker—"Forge the fury of undying suns." A unique, artillery-like class that rains down Solar hammers on your foes. lAvailable in The Taken King.
- Super—Hammer of Sol: Summon a flaming hammer and wreak destruction down upon your enemies, whether up close and personal or at a distance.
- Grenades—Thermite Grenade, Fusion Grenade, Incendiary Grenade.
- Melee—Sunstrike: Ignite your enemies with a heavy solar strike.
- Kabr, the Legionless
- Rezyl Azzir
- Vell Tarlowe
- Wei Ning
- Titan armor was inspired by Medieval armor layered over tight-fitting suits.
- The armor worn by the Titans is similar in overall design to the MJOLNIR powered armor worn by Spartan supersoldiers in the Halo series. The SPARTAN-II program's creator, Dr. Catherine Halsey, considered calling the project "Titan" before settling on the final name.
- The T-shaped visors of some Titan helmets are reminiscent of the Corinthian-style helmets used by the ancient Greeks. Such helmets are strongly associated with Spartan hoplites, both historically and in popular culture.
A Titan (right) in The Law Of The Jungle live action trailer.
List of appearances
- ^ Destiny.bungie.org: Transcript of the official English version of the cards
- ^ Bungie.net: Destiny: Titan
- ^ Bungie (2014-6-12), Destiny: Alpha PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Titan
- ^ Destructoid: Destiny's Combat is Solid, But I'm Not So Sure About the Rest of it.
- ^ Destiny Players: Warlock controls
- ^ MMORPG: Delving Into Bungie's Vision
- ^ Bungie.net: The Mail Sack of Your Dreams
- ^ Bungie.net: Building the Destiny E3 Reveal
- ^ If it's the first character created, otherwise interchangeable after character creation is done and story mode has been started.
- ^ YouTube: Destiny ViDoc: Out Here in the Wild
- ^ IGN: I Played Destiny And
- ^ Destiny the Game: Game Master July 2014 Destiny Cover Issue & PlayStation UK Magazine June 2014 Destiny Hands-on: Breakdown
- ^ Bungie.net: The Taken King: Sunbreaker
- ^ Polygon: Bungie outlines ambitions for Destiny's extensive character customization